FG 2014 : The 19th Conference on Formal Grammar
Conference Series : Formal Grammar
Call For Papers
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
The 19th Conference on Formal Grammar
Tuebingen, Germany, August 16-17 2014
Collocated with the European Summer School
in Logic, Language and Information
FG-2014 is the 19th conference on Formal Grammar, to be held in conjunction with the European Summer School in Logic, Language and Information, which takes place in 2014 in Tuebingen, Germany.
Previous Formal Grammar meetings were held in Barcelona (1995), Prague (1996), Aix-en-Provence (1997), Saarbruecken (1998), Utrecht (1999), Helsinki (2001), Trento (2002), Vienna (2003), Nancy (2004), Edinburgh (2005), Malaga (2006), Dublin (2007), Hamburg (2008), Bordeaux (2009), Copenhagen (2010), Ljubljana (2011), Opole (2012) and Duesseldorf (2013).
Aims and Scope
FG provides a forum for the presentation of new and original research on formal grammar, mathematical linguistics and the application of formal and mathematical methods to the study of natural language. Themes of interest include, but are not limited to,
* formal and computational phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics and pragmatics;
* model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in linguistics;
* logical aspects of linguistic structure;
* constraint-based and resource-sensitive approaches to grammar;
* learnability of formal grammar;
* integration of stochastic and symbolic models of grammar;
* foundational, methodological and architectural issues in grammar and linguistics;
* mathematical foundations of statistical approaches to linguistic analysis.
Previous conferences in this series have welcomed papers from a wide variety of frameworks.
We invite **electronic** submissions of original, 16-page papers (including references and possible technical appendices). Authors are encouraged to use the Springer-Verlag LNCS style:
The submission deadline is **February 23 2014**. Papers must be submitted electronically at EasyChair, https://www.easychair.org. A submission URL for FG-2014 will be provided soon.
Papers should report original work which was not presented in other conferences. However, simultaneous submission is allowed, provided that the authors indicate other conferences to which the work was submitted in a footnote. Note that accepted papers can only be presented in one of the venues.
Submissions will be reviewed anonymously by at least three reviewers. Accepted papers will be published as a volume in the Springer LNCS series, under the FoLLI subline, either separately or jointly with the papers from FG-2015, depending on the number of accepted papers.
* February 23, 2014: Deadline for paper submission
* April 20, 2014: Notification of acceptance
* June 1, 2014: Camera ready copies due
* August 16-17, 2014: Conference dates
* Glyn Morrill (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain)
* Reinhard Muskens (Tilburg University, The Netherlands)
* Rainer Osswald (Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet Duesseldorf, Germany)
* Frank Richter (Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet Duesseldorf, Germany)