DAFx 2014 : International Conference on Digital Audio Effects
Call For Papers
We are pleased to announce that the 17th International Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFx) will be held in Erlangen, Germany between 1st and 5th September, 2014.
This annual conference is a coming together of those working across the globe in research relating to digital audio processing for music and speech, sound art, acoustics and related applications. DAFx14 is jointly organized by the Fraunhofer Institut Integrated Circuits (IIS), the Multimedia Communications and Signal Processing Department of Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU), and the International Audio Laboratories Erlangen (AudioLabs).
The conference will be hosted at facilities located at the Fraunhofer IIS and the FAU campus in Erlangen and will feature oral and poster presentations of submitted papers, keynote addresses, tutorials/demonstrations and a social program. Note that this Call for Papers is also available as a pdf download for your convenience. Please spread the word about DAFx-14 among your colleagues and feel free to further distribute this information.
We would like to invite submissions of papers for presentation at DAFx14 within the following general areas relevant to audio signal processing for music, speech, sound art, acoustics and related applications:
* Capture and analysis
* Representation, transformation and modelling
* Transmission and resynthesis
* Effects and manipulation
* Perception, psychoacoustics and evaluation
* Source separation
* Physical modelling, virtual acoustic and analogue models
* Sound design and composition and sonification
* Hardware and software design
At DAFx-14 we especially encourage submissions addressing:
* Semantic music processing (analysis & synthesis)
* Spatial sound analysis, coding and synthesis
* Perceptual audio coding
Prospective authors are invited to submit full-length papers before March 14th, 2014 according to one of the following two papers formats:
* Oral presentation: 8 pages maximum in the proceedings (15 minutes talk, 5 minutes questions & answers)
* Poster presentation: 4 pages recommended (8 maximum) in the proceedings
The program committee decides on the types of presentation based on the authors' preferences. Submitted papers must be camera-ready and conform to format specified in the templates and the instructions available at the DAFx14 website.
All submissions are subject to peer review. Acceptance may be conditional upon changes being made to the paper as directed by reviewers. Final versions of the accepted contributions will be published in the conference proceedings distributed to all registered delegates at the conference site and will be made freely accessible on the conference website after the conference closure.
* Full-Paper Submission: March 14th, 2014
* Notification of Acceptance: May 12th, 2014
* Final Paper Submission: June 2nd, 2014
Authors will find further details concerning templates etc. at the DAFx-14 website, http://dafx14.fau.de .
In case of any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . If you do not wish to receive messages from DAFx offices, please let us know.
Best regards from the DAFx14 team,