JCSM-BIG 2014 : Special Issue Call for Papers on Big Data Theory and Practice
Call For Papers
We are now in the era of the ``big data" revolution where nearly every aspect of computing engineering is being driven by large-data processing and analysis, often in real or near-real time. With threats multiplying exponentially, the ability to gather and analyze massive information will be a decisive factor in the battle against malicious software and adversaries. It is natural to consider a cloud computing environment to address the computational requirements for big data analytic applications. However, it is equally important to address the security concerns in terms of policies, technologies, and controls deployed to protect data, applications, and the associated infrastructure of cloud computing. Further, the fast-growing number of mobile-device users introduces new challenges and opportunities in dealing with the ``big data" problem for both adversaries and security engineers.
This special issue of the Journal of Cyber Security and Mobility addresses research advances in theory and practice of collecting, storing, accessing, searching, mining, processing, and visualizing big data in the context of cyber security and/or mobility. Innovative studies on or comprehensive reviews of theoretical aspects and applications of big data computation are also welcome that have potential to make significant impact on cyber security. We expect all submitted manuscripts to address how the presented work can exploit massive and/or heterogeneous data.
The main topics of interest for this special issue include, but are not limited to:
• Methods and applications of big data computation that have potential impact on
• Architectures and design of big data processing and analytical systems,
• Data-intensive computing systems,
• Next generation firewall: methods and applications,
• Large-scale intrusion and anomaly detection methods and applications,
• Preventing large-scale distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks,
• Secure distributed file system and storage system for big data storage and analyses,
• Trustworthy computing in cloud environments,
• Security and robustness of big data computation frameworks,
• Real-time security assessments and monitoring tools using cloud computing plat-
• Methods and applications for securing mobile devices,
• Security in wireless sensor networks that produce big data,
• Security and intrusion tolerance in large-scale mobile/wireless sensor networks,
• Methods and applications in large-scale social network analysis for data security and
• Patient privacy and data protection in large-scale heath care systems (e.g., data
warehouses, Health Information Exchange (HIE) systems, etc.),
• Big data visualization for cyber defense.
Authors are encouraged to submit original work that has neither appeared in, nor is
under consideration for publication in other venues.
• Paper submission due: June 1st, 2014
• First review round notifications: July 1st, 2014
• Revised version due: August 1st, 2014
• Second review round notifications: August 15th, 2014
• Final version due: September 15th, 2014
• Publication: November 2014
Please refer to the publisher’s website for submission, templates and guideline for manuscript
preparation. The website for this special issue is at http://riverpublishers.com/journal/
Please contact Jiang Bian at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding this special issue.