visum 2014 : visum 2014 : Summer School::VISion Understanding and Machine intelligence
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
2nd VISION UNDERSTANDING AND MACHINE INTELLIGENCE SUMMER SCHOOL
We invite everyone interested in computer vision to attend the 2nd VISION UNDERSTANDING AND MACHINE INTELLIGENCE SUMMER SCHOOL - visum 2014.
Application Deadline: March 14, 2014
Decision: March 17, 2014
Early Registration: April 10, 2014
Late Registration: May 10, 2014
Summer School: July 3, 2014
LIST OF SPEAKERS
* Jaime S. Cardoso, INESC TEC, Faculdade de Engenharia, Universidade Porto
* Cristian Sminchisescu, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Engineering, Lund University
* Vincent Lepetit, EFPL, Switzerland
* Russell Beale, School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham
* Juergen Sturm, Technical University of Munich
* Hugo Proença, Department of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior
E-Commerce Sonae MC
INTENDED AUDIENCE AND TOPICS
The school will cover the most fundamental concepts of computer vision and their applications for the real world scenarios, seeking to bridge these two key domains. Our target audience is:
* MSc. and Ph.D. candidates;
* Post-Doctoral scholars and researchers;
* Academic and industrial professionals with (research) interests in computer vision;
* And, everyone who wants to have knowledge of topics avant-garde.
Features of visum summer school:
* An introductory lecture in image processing is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
* Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions;
* Both basic and advanced topics will be covered;
* Professors are leading researchers in computer vision;
* Includes an industry session where industry speakers will promote junior researchers' awareness of computer vision topics for the real world scenarios;
* Includes a poster session where MSc. students and Ph.D. candidates can discuss their current research works, possibly leading to significant breakthroughs in the development of their theses;
* A lecture about possible applications in biotech will also be addressed.
Please visit our webpage for up to date information: http://www.fe.up.pt/visum/
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com under the subject "[APPLICATION VISUM]" following the name of the applicant, with the following information:
* CV with only 2 pages describing the academic background, webpage, other information that you may consider important.
* Motivation letter.
* And a possible title and abstract of a poster.
Any further questions should be directed to:
We are looking forward to your participation!