NetSciCom 2014 : 6th IEEE INFOCOM 2014 Workshop on Network Science for Communication Networks (Deadline Extended to Dec. 22, 2013)
Call For Papers
* !! BEST PAPER AWARD !! *
We are very glad to announce a best paper award of $150, sponsored by Technicolor. Additionally, a student author of the best paper (or another author, if no student is a co-author) will receive up to $800 for travel expenses to attend the workshop (e.g., registration, airfare, accommodation).
CALL FOR PAPERS
Network science is a newly emerging discipline with applications in a variety of domains, such as, communication networks, power grid networks, transportation networks, social networks, biological networks and economics. Designing complex communication networks of the future needs a deep understanding of the interplay between the physical-, the communication- and the social networks involved. An understanding of such interdependency can only be achieved by closer interaction between network scientists, communication network designers, and social and behavioral scientists. The goal of this workshop is to a provide a forum where this diverse group of researchers can meet and exchange ideas that will lead to deeper insights into the design of robust, efficient and complex communication networks of the future.
Topics of Interest:
The topics of this workshop lie at the intersection of network science and communication network design - including topology design and analysis, traffic modeling, traffic routing, social media analysis: blogs and friendship networks, bio-inspired networks, internet scale measurement and analysis of online communities, social network analysis with mobile phone data, interdependency between power grid, communication and transportation networks.
The accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE INFOCOM 2014 workshop proceedings and appear in IEEE Xplore.
- Paper Submission Due: Sun, December 22th, 2013 -11:59 PM EDT (Extended)
- Review Due: Fri, January 24th, 2014 - 11:59 PM EDT
- Notification of Acceptance: Fri, February 7th, 2014 - 11:59 PM EDT
- Camera Ready: Fri, February 28th, 2014 - 11:59 PM EDT
Program Committee Chairs:
- Sergey Gorinsky, Institute IMDEA Networks, Madrid, Spain.
- Nishanth Sastry, King's College London, UK.
- Thrasyvoulos Spyropoulos, Institut Eurecom, Sophia-Antipolis, France.
Program Committee Members:
- Jörn Altmann, Seoul National University, Korea.
- Konstantin Avratchenkov, INRIA, France.
- Amotz Bar-Noy, Brooklyn College & Graduate Center, CUNY, USA.
- Marian Boguna, University of Barcelona, Spain.
- Richard Clegg, University College London, UK.
- Antonio Fernández Anta, Institute IMDEA Networks, Spain.
- Eric Fleury, ENS Lyon / INRIA, France.
- Niloy Ganguly, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India.
- András Gulyás, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary.
- Aric Hagberg, Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA.
- Pan Hui, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong.
- Stratis Ioannidis, Technicolor, Palo Alto, USA.
- Matthieu Latapy, LIP6 - CNRS and UPMC, France.
- Alberto Leon-Garcia, University of Toronto, Canada.
- Athen Ma, Queen Mary University of London, UK.
- Priya Mahadevan, Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), USA.
- D. Manjunath, IIT Bombay, India.
- Raul Mondragon, Queen Mary University of London, UK.
- Mirco Musolesi, University of Birmingham, UK.
- Giovanni Neglia, INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France.
- Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy.
- Kavé Salamatian, LISTIC PolyTech, University of Savoy, France.
- Mostafa Salehi, University of Tehran, Iran.
- Angel (Anxo) Sánchez, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
- Christian Scheideler, University of Paderborn, Germany.
- Ioannis Stavrakakis, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece.
- Leandros Tassiulas, University of Thessaly, Greece.
- Don Towsley, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, USA.
- Piet Van Mieghem, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands.
- Gábor Vattay, Eotvos University, Hungary.
- Chuan Wu, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Pavlos Sermpezis, Institut Eurecom, Sophia-Antipolis, France.
- Dmytro Karamshuk, King's College London, UK.
Vice General Chairs:
- Ram Ramanathan, Raytheon BBN Technologies, USA.
- Arun Sen, Arizona State University, USA.
- Cynthia A. Phillips, Sandia National Laboratories, USA.
- Andrea Richa, Chair, Arizona State University, USA.
- Katia Obraczka, Member, University of California, Santa Cruz, USA.
- Arun Sen, Member, Arizona State University, USA.
- Guoliang Xue, Member, Arizona State University, USA.