ISEA 2009 : 15th International Symposium on Electronic Art
Call For Papers
ISEA2009 SYMPOSIUM - 15th International Symposium on Electronic Art - Northern Ireland
Call for Papers, Art works, Workshops, Roundtables August 26
NOTE 2nd Call for Papers will be coming soon. Full information can be found here on the 1st of October 2008
The University of Ulster will be hosting the ISEA 2009 symposium in association with academic partners in the Republic of Ireland and Scotland, national and international industry and business sponsors, and through partnership activities with a host of arts and cultural organisations across the region
HOSTED BY UNIVERSITY OF ULSTER
WATERFRONT HALL, BELFAST
WITH HUBS AT COLERAINE, DERRY, DUBLIN, SCOTLAND
23 AUG 1 SEPT 2009
THE ISEA2009 SYMPOSIUM WILL COMPRISE:
- An Academic Conference with keynote lectures and presentations at the Waterfront Hall Belfast and with links to conference hubs in Coleraine, Derry, Dublin and Scotland.
- Creative Industry Events in flagship arts and cultural venues including the Belfast City Hall, Belfast Harbour Commissioners Office and the Guildhall in the city of Derry.
- Focused industry-networking opportunities, facilitating international and cross-sector pollination of contacts, ideas and discussions.
- Art and Technology Exhibitions and a series of Themed Workshops at the Waterfront Hall Belfast and at hub locations.
- A series of Themed Art Exhibitions.
- A series of Invited Residencies and Performances where creative practitioners will be invited to undertake an extended period of work.
- Gala Conference Dinner held at the historic and magnificent Belfast Castle for 200 VIP guests.
- And a number of Complimentary Activities including:
- A series of thematic screenings
- Focused cognate activities
- Development of community and voluntary sector specific projects
- Roundtables Open spaces Music gigs.
THE MAIN THEME OF ISEA2009 WILL BE:
ENGAGED CREATIVITY IN MOBILE ENVIRONMENTS CALL FOR PAPERS ACROSS EIGHT SUB-THEMES:
- Citizenship and contested spaces
- Interactive storytelling and memory building in post-conflict society
- Interactive textiles
- Tracking emotions
- Posthumanism: New technologies and creative strategies
- Positionings: local and global transactions
- Transformative creativity participatory practices
- Entertainment and Mobility
DEADLINE FOR SESSIONS PAPERS AND PROJECTS
15 SEPTEMBER 2008
Go to www.isea2009.org for further detailed information on symposium sub-themes, broader ISEA2009 activities and information on how to submit your paper/project proposal.
The main organiser of the symposium is the University of Ulster led by Prof.
Kerstin Mey, Director Research Institute Art and Design, University of Ulster, and the ISEA 2009 organising committee, with Higher Education Institutions from the Republic of Ireland and Scotland and arts and cultural partner organisations across the region. To find out about the symposium and the details of the full organising committee, go to www.isea2009.org or you can email us at email@example.com