WESOA 2013 : 9th International Workshop on Engineering Service-Oriented Applications
Call For Papers
The workshop will be held in conjunction with the 11th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC).
The WESOA series of workshops addresses challenges that arise from unique characteristics of service-oriented applications by focusing on principles, methodologies and tools that support the entire service-oriented software development lifecycle (SDLC). Topics of interest include software service development lifecycle methodologies, service-oriented enterprise architectures, service engineering for cloud computing environments, models, languages and methods for service-oriented analysis and design, and related topics.
Service-oriented applications play an important role in enterprise computing and more recently in the field of cloud computing. While there is an agreement about the main principles for designing and developing such applications, methodologies and tools that support the development of service-oriented applications are still a subject of intensive research. It is recognized that traditional software engineering approaches require extensions in the context of service-oriented computing and that there is a need for engineering methods to support the development of software services. In this area, close collaboration between the research community and industry practitioners is essential to develop comprehensive engineering methodologies and tools that support the entire lifecycle of service-oriented applications.
The WESOA workshop complements the ICSOC conference by focusing on core service-oriented software engineering issues while keeping pace with new developments in mobile, social, big data and cloud computing research. Our aim is to facilitate exchange and evolution of ideas in service engineering research across multiple disciplines. We encourage participation of researchers as well as practitioners from academia and industry fostering connections and synergies between these groups. To promote collaboration the WESOA workshop has a highly interactive format with technical sessions complemented by extensive discussions. WESOA 2013 will continue a successful series of ICSOC workshops. Over the past eight years, WESOA has demonstrated its relevance by attracting a large number of contributors and participants. WESOA high-quality papers have been published in the Springer LNCS series and in a special issue of the IJCSSE journal.
WESOA 2013 encourages a multidisciplinary perspective and welcomes papers on topics that include, but are not limited to the following:
• Software service development lifecycle methodologies and processes
• Service design and service design metrics
• Distributed and collaborative software service development
• Service-oriented reference models and frameworks
• Architectural styles and standards for software service systems (incl. SOA)
• Management and governance of service engineering projects
• Models, languages and methods for service-oriented analysis and design
• Costing, valuation and quality metrics of software service design
• Requirements-engineering for software service systems
• Service-oriented business process modelling (choreography/orchestration)
• Validation, verification and testing of software service systems
• Service assembly, composition and aggregation models and languages
• Model-driven SOA and service systems development
• Reverse engineering of software service systems
• Tool support for software service engineering
• Engineering of cloud services and service applications in the cloud
• Service engineering for context-awareness and mobile devices
• Engineering service-oriented applications in social network contexts
• Engineering of service-oriented big data applications
• Case studies and best practices of service-oriented development