PCSC 2014 : Workshop on People Centric Sensing and Communications
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
Workshop on People Centric Sensing and Communications (PCSC)
at IEEE CCNC 2014, Las Vegas, NV, USA - Jan 10, 2014
Networked consumer devices are equipped for personal and environmental sensing, collection, and delivery of sensed information. The workshop addresses a range of research issues involving networking, sensing, data collection, aggregation and processing, knowledge discovery in sensing data, security/privacy, scalability, contextual/situational adaptation and dynamics.
Papers are max 5 pages in length and conform to the IEEE conference format.
Paper submissions are via EDAS (see the conference web site later).
Papers receive at least 3 independent reviews from workshop TPC.
- Submission deadline: Sept 1, 2013
- Acceptance notification: Sept 30, 2013
- Final version due: Oct 10, 2013
- Workshop presentation: either Jan 10, 2014
Topics of interest include:
- Phone sensing and applications
- Sensing using eye-wear
- Body mounted sensing
- Mobile cloud infrastructure for mobile sensing
- Participatory and collaborative sensing
- Mixed sensor networks and people-centric sensing
- Mobile sensing for sports and entertainment
- Sensor overlays and sensor web for mobile sensing
- Mobile social networks and sensing
- Mobile healthcare and sensing
- Context awareness and situation awareness
- User interface
- Privacy and security
- Data storage and management
Journal Special Issue:
Selected papers from the workshop will be considered for a journal special issue on People Centric Sensing that is being organized by the workshop chairs.
- John Buford (Avaya Labs Research, USA)
- Raghu K. Ganti (IBM T J Watson Research Center, USA)
- Hosub Lee (Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology, Korea)