CMAMBD 2013 : The 2nd International Workshop on Creation, Management and Application of Medical and Biological Data
Call For Papers
The 2nd International Workshop on Creation, Management and Application of Medical and Biological Data (CMAMBD) will be held in conjunction with 5th International Conference on Computer Science and its Applications (CSA-13). Given the success of the previous edition of this workshop, which has been collocated with SERSC MMHS 2012 (Beijing, China), we were encouraged to organize the second version of this series.
This workshop aims to discuss key issues and practices of data-based Medical & Biological Science and its fusion with Information Science. The well-being of a person requires deep understanding on the structures and organization of human body and the adaptive and complex interplay though computer simulation between environmental factors and genetics, biochemical pathways and physiological systems. The medical & biological science explores the physical structures and molecular, cellular and systematic organization of the human body while the computer and information science supports computational approach to the medical & biological mechanisms through computer-based modeling and simulating with supercomputers. We need to understand the importance of the medical & biological data and fusion of medical & biological and information sciences to achieve the well-being of people. This workshop will provide a cross-disciplinary forum for researchers to share their research efforts and ideas between medical & biological and information sciences. In particular, we will discuss what the future of the research fusion might be in the light of the recent wave of the big data technologies.
We solicit the following types of submissions:
- Highly-innovative research contributions; new creation, management and application of the medical and biological data, etc.
- Position papers discussing the future of the research fusion between medical & biological and information sciences
[Topics of Interest]
This workshop will cover all aspects related to research and practical issues of data-based Medical & Biological Science and its fusion with Information Science. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Creation of Medical and Biological Data
- Management of Medical and Biological Data
- Knowledge Management of Medical & Biological Data
- Medical & Biological Data- and Knowledge Bases
- Application of Medical and Biological Data
- Information Systems using Medical & Biological Data
- Ergonomics and Systems Engineering using Medical Data
- Biomedical Engineering using Medical & Biological Data
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Engineering using Medical & Biological Data
- Medical Implant Design and Model based on Medical Data
- Simulation of Medical Implant based on Medical Data
- Data-based Bioinformatics and Genomic/Proteomic Studies
- Data-based Biomedical Applications
- Ontology of Medical & Biological Data
- Visualization of Medical & Biological Data
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Medical & Biology Science
- Application of Medical & Biological Data in Health Care Information Systems
[Submissions and Publications]
Authors are invited to submit original papers that MUST NOT have been submitted to or published in any other workshop, conference, or journal. Authors should submit a paper within 6 pages in length, including all figures, tables, and references. If you want to submit more than page limitation, you can add up to 2 extra pages with the appropriate fee payment. All papers will be reviewed by the Program Committee for significance, originality, accuracy, and clarity. Papers must strictly adhere to page limits as follows.
- Regular Paper: 6 pages (Max 2 extra pages are allowed at additional cost)
Papers exceeding the page limits will be rejected without review. Please use the Springer Proceedings format for submission. Template is available on: http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0. Please submit your paper through the following EachChair site: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cmambd2013.
All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings as one of Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (LNEE) series published by Springer (indexed by EI and SCOPUS). Distinguished papers accepted and presented in the conference will be recommended for the special issues of the several international journals (Please refer to the submission page of CSA-13).
- Paper Submission Deadline: Aug. 20, 2013
- Notification of paper acceptance: Sep. 10, 2013
- Author Registration Due: Sep. 20, 2013
- Camera-ready Submission: Sep. 20, 2013
- Conference Dates: Dec. 18-21, 2013
Won-Kyung Sung KISTI, Korea
Sang-Ho Lee KISTI, Korea
Yoon Hyuk Kim Kyung Hee University
Kumwon Cho KISTI, Korea
Seungwoo Lee KISTI, Korea