CIM 2013 : International Multimedia Conference 2013 - Congreso Internacional Multimedia 2013
Call For Papers
Extended deadline Call for Papers International Multimedia Conference 2013 – Congreso Internacional Multimedia 2013, CIM2013
Multimedia Engineering Program at the Nueva Granada Military University (UMNG) invites professors, researchers, students and professionals from engineering and design areas related with multimedia to send original papers to participate in the 2013 International Multimedia Conference that takes place August 28 – 30 at our headquarters in Bogotá, Colombia. Papers will be reviewed by double blind system and classified according to their quality and relevance for oral or poster presentation. Guidelines and Paper submission system are in the section Calls (http://congresomultimedia.umng.edu.co/2013/eng/convocatorias.html). Official languages for the event are Spanish and English.
Third edition of the International Multimedia Conference provides a common space for academy, private and public sectors to join and share around multimedia creations, designs, developments and researches through a scientific, constructive, academic, professional, and business view for the benefit of the world, Latin America and Colombia.
Relevant topics for the Conference include (but are not limited to):
• Interactive media art (digital, interactive, digital installation, performance, new media, video installations, software art, interactive objects and art in public spaces, museums, galleries, outdoor-, Net Art).
• New technologies for multimedia content creation (video, 2D/3D animation, graphic design, entertainment, video games).
• Interfaces and interaction (human computer interaction, usability, navigability and multimedia interfaces, accessibility, haptic devices and new forms of interaction).
• Applications and services for PC, mobile, web, DTV (government, society, business, trade, health, education, social media, museums).
• Multimedia systems (digital repositories, retrieval, recommendation, production, security, protection, distribution, media content encoding, geographic information, collaborative work).
• Computer graphics, virtual and augmented reality (simulation, visualization, real-time rendering, environments and virtual tours, video games).
• Applications of artificial intelligence, pattern recognition and machine learning in multimedia.
• Processing of language, audio, video and images, computer vision.
Eduard Leonardo Sierra-Ballén (Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Colombia)
Germán Andrés Garnica (Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Colombia)
Technical Program Committee
Alexander Cerón (Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Colombia)
Alvaro Joffre Uribe Quevedo (Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Colombia)
Byron Pérez (Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Colombia)
Diego Melo (Universidad de Manizales, Colombia)
Francisco Gómez (Université de Liège, Belgium)
Haim Levkowitz (University of Massachusetts, USA)
Marta Gama (Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Colombia)
Marcela Iregui (Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Colombia)
Mario Rojas (Dublin City University and Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland)
Jorge Augusto Jaramillo (Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Colombia)
Sergio Roa Ovalle (German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, Germany)
Silas Alves (Universidad de Sao Paulo, Brazil)
Wilman Helioth Sánchez (Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Colombia)
Wilson Sarmiento (Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Colombia)
Further information and registration:
Web site: http://congresomultimedia.umng.edu.co/2013/eng