SCPE SI September 2013 : Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience SI on: Context-aware Architectures and Services on Emerging Infrastructures
Call For Papers
Future information society is full of exciting and new applications and services, may it be a smart transportation system, an ambient living environment, or large-scale sensor networks for climate prediction. These services, among other requirements, rely on context-awareness (e.g. user behaviors, user intentions, the environmental status/ambience, etc.). Consequent systems can adapt themselves through resource management or reconfiguration to achieve specific goals, such as functions, performance, energy budget and reliability. This area of research is challenging yet instrumental for the incoming digital era.
This special issue gathers innovative works on context-aware architectures (hardware, software, middleware or hybrid), applications and services on emerging computing and communication systems. A broad range of such systems are relevant, including (but not limited to) cloud computing, pervasive sensor networks, parallel and distributed systems, adaptive wireless communication, cooperative networks, etc. Context-awareness can be designed for improving performance, user experience, energy-efficiency, QoS (quality of services), dependability or other desirable features foreseeable in the future.
Topics of interest include (but not limited to):
- System architectures, modeling and simulation, in-the-field test
- Ubiquitous and/or cognitive radio sensor networks, cooperative diversity techniques in wireless sensor networks
- Context-aware energy saving techniques on wireless communication systems
- Context-aware security systems, mobile systems, etc.
- Contextual and situational models, situation awareness
- Requirements engineering, and model-driven development
- Resource management and run-time reconfiguration of massively parallel computers
- Adaptive energy-performance tradeoff on multi-/many-core processors
- Environment-aware variability and reliability
- Service-Oriented Architectures and Cloud Computing
- Energy Efficiency and Clouds
- Cyber-physical systems (CPS), internet-of-things (IoT) or other emerging systems
- Industrial applications and case studies
- Formal methods
- Visions and retrospectives
Special Issue Editors:
Ethiopia Nigussie, University of Turku, Finland
Andreas Riener, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
Liang Guang, University of Turku, Finland
All correspondence should be addressed to Dr. Ethiopia Nigussie (ethnig @ utu.fi).
Papers must conform with the journal format and use the template found at:
Scalable Practice: Computing and Experience, is a quarterly open access journal indexed in Scopus, DBLP, DOAJ and EBSCO. The journal is currently under ISI Thomson review. More information about it can be found at http://www.scpe.org/ .