OPODIS 2008 : Internationnal Conference On Principles Of DIstributed Systems
Conference Series : International Conference on Principles of Distributed Systems
Call For Papers
OPODIS is an open forum for the exchange of state-of- the-art knowledge on distributed computing and systems among researchers from around the world. This conference is the 12th in a series of annual conferences. Following the tradition of the previous events, its program will be composed of high-quality contributed and invited papers. As in previous organizations, OPODIS encourages contributions in the fields of real-time systems and wireless networks.
The program committee is soliciting original and significant research contributions to the theory, specification, design and implementation of distributed systems, including:
- communication and synchronization protocols
- distributed algorithms, multiprocessor algorithms
- distributed cooperative computing
- embedded systems
- fault-tolerance, reliability, availability
- grid and cluster computing
- location- and context-aware systems
- mobile agents and autonomous robot
- mobile computing and networks
- peer-to-peer systems, overlay networks
- complexity and lower bounds
- performance analysis of distributed systems
- real-time systems
- security issues in distributed computing and systems
- sensor networks: theory and practice
- specification and verification of distributed systems
- testing and experimentation with distributed systems
The selection of contributions to be presented at the conference and published in the proceedings will be based on peer-review by the Programme Committee. The proceedings volume is going to be published in the Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
It is required that each accepted paper be presented at the conference by one of its authors. Authors of accepted papers are required to submit the final, camera-ready versions of their papers (in LNCS format, see authors instructions at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html), including an electronic version as specified in the authors�?? instructions.