CIESC 2013 : XXI Iberoamerican Congress on Higher Education in Computing
Call For Papers
XXI Iberoamerican Congress on Higher Education in Computing
Second Call for Papers
Silvana Roncagliolo, Chile
Jonas Montilva, Venezuela
Yudith Cardinale (USB)
Leonid Tineo (USB) Rosseline Rodríguez (USB) Wilmer Pereira (USB-UCAB) Xiomara Contreras (USB) Soraya Carrasquel (USB) Carlos Figueira (USB) Macringer Omaña (USB-Litoral) María Elena Villapol (UCV) Evelenir Barreto (UCAB) Eric Gamess (UCV) Antonio Silva (UCV) Claudia León (UCV) Diliana Rodríguez (UBV) Carlos Herrera (UBV) Ernesto Coto (UCV) Rosaura Paladino (UCAB)
Paper submission opening: February 1st, 2013
Paper submission deadline: May 6th, 2013 (extended deadline)
Notification of acceptance: June 30th, 2013
Final version submission: July 31th, 2013
Purpose of the Congress
CIESC 2013 is a continuation of a series of academic meetings originated in 1991 in Chile. In 1999 it joined to CLEI. It changes from one country to another in Latin America, in order to gather academic and professional dedicated to higher education of undergraduate and postgraduate computing area. The Congress includes various activities highlighting the technical sessions of paper presentations, forums and panel discussions, tutorials and keynote courses of prominent personalities in the field of higher education in computing.
Within the framework of XXXIX CLEI will be held XXI CIESC. The XXXIX CLEI will be held in Club Puerto Azul (http://www.puertoazul.com), near Naiguatá, a Venezuelan town in front of Caribbean beaches. The club is located 32 km from the International Airport of Maiquetia and 55 km from the city of Caracas. CLEI is organized by Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Universidad Simón Bolívar, and Universidad Bolivariana de Venezuela.
Topics of the conference
XXI CIESC invites the submission of works. Such work (articles/papers) may relate, among others, to the following subjects in Education of the Computation:
• Initiatives on Higher Education in Computing (results of pedagogical approaches, tools, environments and methods, new topics, experiences and specialties).
• Problems of Higher Education in Computing and proposals to overcome them (motivation, attrition, competence with the industry).
• Process of accreditation of computing careers.
• Curriculum design based on competences required by the industry.
• Development and training for entrepreneurial initiatives.
• Tools and environments to support teaching and learning.
• New methodologies for the teaching-learning process.
• Distance learning of computing concepts.
• Teaching social and ethical issues in computing.
Information for Paper Submission
Papers could be written in Spanish, Portuguese or English and have to be submitted until May 6th, 2013 in PDF format according to the CLEI 2013 home page (http://clei2013.org.ve/):
• Submitted papers must be the result of original research or reports with relevant experiences and should not be published or under evaluation on other conferences and/or journals.
• All submitted papers must have a maximum of 12 pages, including figures, references and an abstract of 150 words in one of the official languages accepted by CLEI 2013 (Spanish, Portuguese and English). Submissions written in Spanish or Portuguese, should have an abstract in English. Submitted papers must be formatted according to IEEE rules, referenced in the CLEI 2013 site (http://clei2013.org.ve/llamado- a-articulos/).
•The final program and the proceedings will only include papers with at least one author registered in the AUTHOR category of the conference before the final version submission date.
• A selection of the best papers will be published in a special edition of CLEI Electronic Journal (http://www.clei.cl/cleiej/). For this purpose, invited authors must present an improved and extended version of their paper in English that will undergo a new evaluation process.
Silvana Roncagliolo: email@example.com
Jonas Montilva, firstname.lastname@example.org