AELFE Conference 2013 : XII Conference of the European Association of Languages for Specific Purposes
Call For Papers
You are warmly invited to take part in the 12th Conference of AELFE, to be held at the Faculty of Philology of the University of La Coruña (Spain) from the 5th to the 7th of September 2013. We consider the conference theme to be an important one for specialists in the field of the investigation and teaching of languages for specific purposes, and hope you will consider presenting the results of your own research and publishing them in the conference proceedings.
• Dr Jean-Claude Bertin, Université du Havre (France)
• Dr Hilary Nesi, University of Coventry (UK)
• Dr Ignacio Pérez Pascual, Universidade da Coruña (Spain)
• Dr Teresa Woodbridge, Oxford Brookes University (UK)
Dates of interest:
15th March 2013 - Abstracts of papers should be sent by this date to the conference coordinator Alan Floyd (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will send them to members of the scientific committee for blind peer reviews. Maximum 250 words. Authors should please include first name and surname, their educational institution, address, e-mail address, telephone / fax, and the specialist panel their presentation will belong to (see below). They should also indicate any audiovisual equipment they will need.
15th April 2013 – By this date, authors will be told whether their papers have been accepted.
Price of registration (up to and including 30th June 2013):
AELFE members 150€* Non-members 195€* Attendance only 20€**
From 1st July to date of conference:
AELFE members 160€* Non-members 205€* Attendance only 25€**
* Includes proceedings, coffees, lunches, conference dinner, guided visit of city, reception.
** Includes just attendance, attendance certificates and coffees.
Conference information, as well as instructions for payment, will be found by clicking on the relevant tab on the conference website home page.
Conference website: http://18.104.22.168/aelfeingles
The specialist panels within the field of languages for specific purposes are the following:
1) Discourse Analysis. 2) Terminology and Lexicology. 3) Translation.
4) Applications of ICT in LSP. 5) Didactics and Language Acquisition.
6) Cognitive Linguistics and Languages for Specific Purposes.