STSIVA 2013 : 18th Symposium on Signal Processing, Image Processing and Artificial Vision (STSIVA 2013)
Call For Papers
18th Symposium on Signal Processing, Image Processing and Artificial Vision - STSIVA 2013
September 11-13, 2013. Bogota, Colombia
Call for papers
The Symposium on Signal Processing, Image Processing and Artificial Vision (STSIVA due to its abbreviation from Spanish Simposio de Tratamiento de Señales, Imágenes y Visión Artificial) is an annual event that every year congregates people that work in the topics related on this symposium, specially researchers and students from different engineering faculties in Colombia. The STSIVA has been a suitable meeting to know the advances in the application of engineering and computational methods in different fields, such as Medicine, Communications, Security, Entertainment, among others. The main goal of this symposium is to promote an academic and scientific environment for discussion and establishment of cooperation networks among the attendees, with the aim to strengthen the quality of the researches carried out in Colombia and the region focused on the topics of Signal Processing, Image Processing, Artificial Vision, Machine Vision, Bioinformatics, among others.
Topics of interest (But not limited)
• Techniques and applications of signal processing
• Image processing and multidimensional signals
• Video signal processing
• Machine vision
• Bio-signal processing
• Applications developed with DSP and PLD (FPGA)
• Education in topics of signal and image processing and machine vision
• Audio and speech signal processing
• Multimedia signal processing
• Biometric identification
Those interested to present works in the STSIVA 2013 should prepare an abstract with the following information:
• Authors information (Name, filiation, etc.)
• Key words
The abstract should be submitted using the following link:
Abstracts of categories 1 and 2 may be submitted in English or Spanish, whereas categories 3 and 4 must be submitted in English. Please do not upload files in the system!
If the summary is approved by the Academic Committee, authors will have to submit the full paper in IEEE format for conferences.
- Abstract submission: April 14, 2013
- Notification of abstract acceptance: April 26, 2013
- Paper submission: June 21, 2013
- Notification of paper acceptance: July 19, 2013
- Camera-ready copy due: August 2, 2013
- Author registration: August 23, 2013
The accepted works in the categories 3 and 4 will be indexed in IEEEXplore.