ICMMI 2013 : International Conference on Man-Machine Interactions
Call For Papers
THE 3nd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MAN-MACHINE INTERACTIONS ICMMI 2013
October 22-25, 2013
The Beskids, Poland
Organised by the Institute of Informatics, the Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland and the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Gliwice, Poland.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The aim of the Conference is to bring together scientists interested in all aspects of theory and practice of Man-Machine Interactions, providing an international forum for exchanging ideas, setting questions for discussion, and sharing the experience and knowledge among wide community of scientists. The first ICMMI Conference was held in 2009 and it was dedicated to the memory of Adam Mrózek, distinguished scientist in the area of decision support systems in industrial applications. The event turned out to be such a success that it has been decided to treat it as the beginning of the cycle of conferences organised biennially. We invite you to join us!
Authors are encouraged to submit technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research work in the area of Man-Machine Interactions, not currently under review by another conference or journal. Both theoretical and applied papers are of interest for the conference.
Novel and innovative work in areas including but not limited to tracks:
- Computational intelligence - fuzzy set, rough sets, near sets, intelligent systems, evolutionary computation, neural networks, soft computing, soft control
- Data mining and decision support - machine learning, knowledge discovery, advances in expert systems, autonomous agents, support vector machines, man-machine automation
- AI and simulations in biosciences - bioinformatics and genetics, computer modelling in biology, perceptual systems, telemedicine and e-health, mechatronics and bio-mechatronics, bio-sensors
- Assistive technologies - e-learning for disabled, accessible computer hardware, computer software for disabled, robots and devices for disabled, accessible Internet, adaptive and intuitive interfaces
- Data processing, storage and transfer - data warehouses, data storage and retrieval, data mining, knowledge engineering, computer networks and communication systems, microcontrollers and microsystems, multimedia systems, compression techniques, system integration
- Pattern recognition - computer vision, image recognition, image processing, topology of images, voice recognition and processing
Abstract submission: March 3, 2013
Full paper submission: March 31, 2013
Notification of acceptance/rejection: May 26, 2013
Final paper submission, registration and fee due: June 9, 2013
Conference: October 22-25, 2013
Full papers (up to 8 pages) should describe results and original research work not submitted or published elsewhere in one of the main categories listed above. The papers should properly place the work within the field, cite related work and clearly indicate the innovative aspects of the work and the contribution to the field.
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Papers must be submitted electronically via the conference web site. Only papers in PDF will be accepted for reviewing. All papers must include title, complete contact information of all the authors, abstract and keywords on the cover page. The corresponding author must be clearly identified. Further information is available at the conference web site. Final versions of manuscripts must be prepared with LaTex2e (use Springer class SVMult.cls).
All accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings by Springer-Verlag in Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing
** AISC Series is indexed by ISI Proceedings, DBLP. Ulrich's, EI-Compendex, SCOPUS, Zentralblatt Math, MetaPress, Springerlink **
ICMMI 2013 Secretariat
Institute of Informatics
Faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics and Computer Science
Silesian University of Technology
44-100 Gliwice, Poland
fax: (+48) 32 237 27 33
The Organisers invite you to visit the Conference website and submit a paper to the ICMMI 2013 Conference.