WCAMA 2013 : 4th Workshop of Applied Computing for the Management of the Environment and Natural Resources
Call For Papers
WCAMA 2013 – 4th Workshop of Applied Computing for the Management of the Environment and Natural Resources
Co-located with XXXIII Brazilian Computer Society Congress
Maceió, Alagoas, Brazil
July 23-26, 2013
*** CALL FOR PAPERS ***
The 4th Workshop of Applied Computing for the Management of the Environment and Natural Resources (WCAMA) has the main goal to promote the integration, in an effective way, between computing (methodologies and tools) and environment (politics and management).
Natural resources management is a complex and dynamic activity. It demands the integration between actors in the social, political, and technological fields to be effectively developed.
Specifically in computer science, there are three main challenges to develop methodologies and tools to natural resources management: i) data management and communication to huge number of data; ii) techniques for data analysis and visualization; iii) optimization and control of existent data and the integration of new data.
*** SCOPE ***
The workshop will cover the whole range of research and applications in methodologies, techniques and computational tools applied to environment management and natural resources, including (but not limited to):
• Control of air pollution
• Environmental fragility
• Environmental monitoring
• Environmental policies
• Environmental readaptation
• Environmental sanitation and waste treatment
• Environmental sustainability
• Flooded areas and wetlands
• Global environmental changes
• Health and environment
• Land use and land cover change modelling
• Landscape ecology
• Natural and renewable resources management
• Noise and environment
• Priority areas for conservation
• Reduction of gas emissions
• Society and environment
• Soil pollution
• Solid waste management
• Species distribution modeling
• Transport and environment
• Urban ecology
*** PAPERS FORMAT ***
WCAMA 2013 will accept two types of submission:
• Full Papers between 6 (six) and 10 (ten) pages. These papers will be presented orally.
• Abstract Papers/Software Demonstrations between 2 (two) and 4 (four) pages. This kind of paper must present a specification or proposal of software within the scope of the workshop. These papers will be presented in a demonstration session.
Papers must be written in Portuguese or English, following the Brazilian Computer Society template (http://www.sbc.org.br/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=195&task=viewcategory&catid=32). Manuscripts must be submitted without the authors’ names and affiliations (double blind review). Papers that do not follow these procedures will be rejected.
*** PAPER SUBMISSION ***
Submission must be electronic using the JEMS system at: https://jems.sbc.org.br/wcama2013
*** IMPORTANT DATES ***
April 7, 2013 – Registration and Submission Deadline (Extended Deadline!)
May 10, 2013 – Notification of accepted papers
May 26, 2013 – Camera-ready version
July 23-26, 2013 – CSBC
*** INVITED SPEAKERS ***
To be announced.
*** CHAIRS ***
• Marilton Sanchotene de Aguiar, UFPel - email@example.com
• Marcelo Dutra da Silva, FURG - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Diana Francisca Adamatti, FURG - email@example.com
• Pedro Ribeiro Andrade, INPE - firstname.lastname@example.org