ChinaSIP 2013 : IEEE China Summit and International Conference on Signal and Information Processing
Call For Papers
The first IEEE China Summit & International Conference on Signal and Information Processing (ChinaSIP 2013) will be held 6-10 July 2013 at the China National Convention Center (CNCC), Beijing, China.
Sponsored by the IEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS), ChinaSIP® is a new annual summit and international conference held in China for domestic and international scientists, researchers, and practitioners to network and discuss the latest progress in theoretical, technological, and educational aspects of signal and information processing. ChinaSIP is a unique platform developed by IEEE SPS to help colleagues in China engage with the global community, and offer global colleagues opportunities to network and develop international collaborations.
As the inaugural summit and conference, ChinaSIP 2013's features include:
1. Technical tracks and industry forum. Papers and presentations along the regular technical tracks as listed below focus on novel and significant research contributions. An industry forum provides a platform for exchange and networking among SIP industries as well as between academia and industries.
2. Invited papers and open-call papers. Special invitations will be extended to major influential research groups in China to submit their latest contributions. Invited papers will be peer reviewed, and only papers with sufficient quality and significance will be accepted. In parallel, papers are also accepted through an open call from the community at large on a competitive basis..
3. Journal poster sessions. Journal poster sessions provide a venue for overview and showcase of recent publications accepted by SPS journals. These already published journal papers will not be re-published with the ChinaSIP proceedings onto the IEEE Xplore®; a weblink and/or a reprint copy will be made available to attendees to facilitate at-conference exchanges.
4. Professional development program. Several professional development activities will be organized, such as townhall meetings with the SPS leadership, trends/overview sessions, publication (EIC ⁄ AE) panels, and Fellow development sessions.
5. Summer schools. The conference will set up summer schools before the regular sessions begin for students, researchers and practitioners to learn the state-of-the-art technologies and tools.
The regular technical program tracks and topics include (but not limited to):
Signal ⁄ Information Processing Theory and Methods
Speech, Language, and Audio
Image, Video, and Multimedia
Signal Processing for Communications and Networking
Signal Sensing, Radar, Sonar, and Sensor Networks
SIP Hardware ⁄ Software Designs and Systems
Information Forensics and Security
Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
Signal ⁄ Info Processing for Bioinformatics & Bio ⁄ Medicine
Submission of Papers
The official language of the conference is English. Prospective authors are invited to submit up to 4 pages in length (with an optional 5th page containing only references). The conference proceedings will be published at the IEEE Xplore®, and will be indexed by both IEEE Xplore® and EI Compendex.
The IEEE Signal Processing Society enforces a "no-show" policy. Any accepted paper included in the final program is expected to have at least one author or qualified proxy attend and present the paper at the conference. Authors of the accepted papers included in the final program who do not attend and present at the conference will be added to a "No-Show List", compiled by the Society. The "no-show" papers will not be published by IEEE on IEEE Xplore® or other public access forums, but these papers will be distributed as part of the on-site electronic proceedings and the copyright of these papers will belong to the IEEE.
Submission of Regular Full Papers 10 Jan 2013
Submission of Special Sessions & Invited Papers 1 Feb 2013
Notification of Paper Acceptance 10 Apr 2013
Authors Registration Deadline 10 May 2013
Attendees Advanced Registration Deadline 1 Jun 2013
Summer School Dates 6-7 Jul 2013
Summit and Conference Dates 8-10 Jul 2013