ISEC 2013 : Information Systems Education & Curricula Workshop (ISEC'13) September 8-11, 2013
Call For Papers
ISEC goal is to promote the discussion about the convergence between Computer Science and Information Systems topics, so that researchers can present a complete and detailed specification of their educational curricula by means of these two topics. We inspect papers that contribute to the better understanding of emerging and important educational fields of Computer Science (CS) and Information Systems (IS). Authors are invited to submit their papers in English, presenting the results of original research or innovative practical applications in the field.
Regarding the selection process, we plan to perform a triple review process.
Key issues in this workshop will focus on (but are not limited to):
-Convergence between IS & CS in higher Education
-Specification of IS Education Curricula
-General IS Theory
-IS Educational Fields
-Student participation in research
-Adaptation to the European Higher Education
-Assessment of students
-Innovative teaching methods
-Training for career and skills development
-Definition of “knowledge” in IS
-Quality and evaluation of teaching
-Social and environmental commitment
-Curriculum organization and curriculum
-The Fundamental Concepts Underpinning IS
-Merge from IS to CS and vice versa in higher Education
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
- Authors should submit full papers (as Postscript, PDF, MSWord, or ODF file).
- The total length of a paper must not exceed 8 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). - IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the conference.
- Submitted papers must be unpublished and not under review in any other conference or journal (submissions that violate this requirement will be regarded as self-plagiarism).
- Only papers presented at the conference will be included in the IEEE Xplore® database and submitted for indexation in: DBLP Computer Science Bibliography, Google Scholar, Inspec, Scirus, SciVerse Scopus and Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- Extended versions of selected papers presented during the conference will be published as Special Issue(s) of journal(s) to be announced later.
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.
-Submission of Event Proposals: January 14, 2013
-Paper submission: May 12, 2013
-Author notification: June 17, 2013
-Final submission and registration opening: July 8, 2013
-Conference date: September 8-11, 2013
- Habib M. Fardoun, King Abdulaziz University (KAU)
- Jose A. Gallud, University of Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM)