AAR/Mormon Studies 2013 : Mormon Studies, American Academy of Religon, Pacfic Northwest Region
Call For Papers
PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION
May 3-5, 2013
SPECIAL TOPICS: MORMON STUDIES
Description of the goals and rationale
This special topic of Mormon Studies promotes the exploration of a wide range of topics relating to Mormonism. This section seeks to provide scholarly inquiry into Mormon history, culture, belief and practice, theology, scripture, and the role of Mormonism in contemporary politics. This section encourages the study of Mormonism from multiple disciplines and methodologies. This section will better equip those in the academy to teach on the subject of Mormonism and actively promotes opportunities for interfaith dialogue.
Kirk Caudle (Marylhurst University; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Susanna Morrill (Lewis & Clark College; email@example.com)
Call for Papers
Papers are welcome in any area of Mormon Studies. We encourage papers from multiple disciplinary and methodological perspectives and especially invite proposals on the following themes:
1) Papers that consider the history and culture of Mormonism, especially those that discuss the social and religious impact of women and minorities.
2) Papers on the development of Mormon beliefs and practices, scripture, ethics, and theology.
3) Papers related to interfaith dialogue between Mormonism and other Christian (and non-Christian) faith traditions.
4) Papers related to Mormonism and contemporary politics.
5) Papers that consider the place of Mormon Studies within the academic study of religion.
Paper Proposals will be submitted through Oxford Abstracts (OA) again this year as AAR continues to upgrade their system. You may need to copy and paste this link into your browser:
A link to the OA site is also posted on the PNW Region’s webpage (http://pnw-aarsbl.org/).
OA will be open for submissions October 1, 2012 and close on January 21, 2013. Acceptance letters will be sent by February 1, 2013.