SMART 2013 : International Workshop on Social Media Analytics and Recommendation Technologies
Call For Papers
Call For Papers Smart 2013
International Workshop on Social Media Analytics and Recommendation Technologies
Paper submission due: Dec. 24 (Mon), 2012
Notification to authors: Jan. 5 (Sat), 2013
Camera ready due: Jan. 10 (Thu), 2013
*[23:59:59 Pacific Time]
The advent of online social media such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, has been one of the most exciting events of this decade. Many such social media sites are extremely rich in data, which on the one hand requires recommendation for users to efficiently make personalised use of those media and on the other hand provides effective collective information for analysis.
Social media analytics deals with the problems of analysing content and their interactions in social media, and determines the important structural patterns in them, while social recommendation deals with the problem of finding and introducing meaningful relationships among people, communities and social media content.
The goal of this workshop is to build a community around social media analytics and recommendation technologies, and instigate discussion about these emerging research areas.
Papers are invited for consideration in all aspects of social media analytics and recommendation technologies, including (but not restricted to):
* social network analysis
* social recommender systems
* social influence analysis & metrics
* social behaviour analysis
* social fraud and risk analysis
* opinion mining/sentiment analysis
* social bookmarking/tagging
* topic and event tracking
* people recommendation in social networks
* community recommendation in social networks
* applications (online dating, job recommendation)
All papers much be formatted in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) format, and not exceeding 12 pages. The style files are available from Springer LNCS site (http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0). Please submit your manuscripts in PDF format to the workshop submission site: https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/SMART2013.
Papers submitted to this workshop must not have been accepted for publication elsewhere or be under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.
Accepted papers will be published in a combined volume of Lecture Notes in Computer Science series published by Springer.
Xiongcai Cai, University of New South Wales, Australia
Yang Sok Kim, University of New South Wales, Australia
* Mike Bain, University of New South Wales, Australia
* Shlomo Berkovsky, NICTA, Australia
* Paul Compton, University of New South Wales, Australia
* Jai Ganesh, Infosys, India
* Ido Guy, IBM Research, Israel
* Byeong Ho Kang, University of Tasmania, Australia
* Mi Hye Kim, Catholic University of Daegu, South Korea
* Alfred Krzywicki, University of New South Wales, Australia
* Maria Lee, Shish Chien University, Taiwan
* Ashesh Mahidadia, University of New South Wales, Australia
* Wayne Wobcke, University of New South Wales, Australia
* Jinlong Wu, Jiayuan.com, China
For further information, please contact the Workshop Chairs by email@example.com.
* Xiongcai cai or Yang Sok Kim
University of New South Wales, Australia