JCSM-BigData 2013 : Journal of Cyber Security and Mobility Special Issue Call for Papers on Big Data Theory and Practice
Call For Papers
Journal of Cyber Security and Mobility
Special Issue Call for Papers on Big Data Theory and Practice
Theme and Scope:
We are now in the era of the "big data" revolution where nearly every aspect of computing engineering is being driven by large-data processing and analysis, often in real or near-real time. With threats multiplying exponentially, the ability to gather and analyze massive information will be a decisive factor in the battle against malicious software and adversaries. It is natural to consider a cloud computing environment to address the computational requirements for big data analytic applications. However, it is equally important to address the security concerns in terms of policies, technologies, and controls deployed to protect data, applications, and the associated infrastructure of cloud computing. Further, the fast-growing number of mobile-device users introduces new challenges and opportunities in dealing with the “big data" problem for both adversaries and security engineers.
The Journal of Cyber Security and Mobility calls for innovative and high-quality papers describing or demonstrating theory and practice of storing, accessing, searching, mining, processing, and visualizing big data in the context of cyber security and/or mobility. We expect all submitted manuscripts to address how the presented work can exploit massive and/or heterogeneous data.
The main topics of interest for this special issue include, but are not limited to:
* Next generation Firewall: methods and applications,
* Large-scale intrusion and anomaly detection methods and applications,
* Preventing large-scale distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack,
* Secure distributed File system for big data storage and analyses,
* Secure computing in cloud environments,
* Real-time security assessments and monitoring tools using cloud computing platforms,
* Methods and applications for securing mobile devices,
* Security in wireless sensor networks that produce big data,
* Security and intrusion tolerance in large-scale mobile/wireless sensor networks,
* Methods and applications in large-scale social network analysis for privacy protection,
* Patient privacy and data protection in large-scale heath care systems (e.g., data warehouses, Health Information Exchange (HIE) systems, etc.),
* Big-data visualization.
Authors are encouraged to submit original work that has neither appeared in, nor is
under consideration for publication in other venues.
* Paper submission: March 1st, 2013
* First Round Notifcations: May 1st, 2013
* Revised Versions: June 1st, 2013
* Second Round Notifcations: July 1st, 2013
* Final Version: August 1st, 2013
* Publication: October 2013
Please refer to the publisher's website for submission, templates and guideline for manuscript
preparation. The website for this special issue is at http://riverpublishers.com/journal/jcsm_speical_isseue02.php.
Please contact Jiang Bian at email@example.com for questions regarding this special issue.