SECON 2013 : The 10th IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication, and Networking
Conference Series : Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS:
The tenth annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share experiences among researchers and practitioners in the field of sensing and communication in wireless networks. The focus of SECON is novel communication technologies, and emerging applications and services, involving mobile sensing and communication, cyber-physical systems, and ubiquitous and pervasive computing.
Papers describing original, previously unpublished research work, experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and commercial developments in all aspects of sensor and wireless communications and networking are solicited. Within this domain, particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Network coding, MIMO, white space, cooperative and cognitive communications
* New technologies, e.g. UWB, RFID, NFC, visible light & underwater communication
* Novel smartphone-based sensing systems, tools, applications and experiences.
* Low power and energy limited sensing and communication
* Cellular communications and data networks
* Mesh, ad-hoc, vehicular, and disruption tolerant networks
* Applications: cyber-physical systems, Internet of Things & ubiquitous computing
* Measurement of wireless and sensor systems, and novel experimental testbeds
* Security, privacy, and trustworthiness of mobile, wireless and sensor systems
* Survivability, network management, and fault tolerance
* Modeling, algorithms, and performance evaluation
* MAC, network, transport, application protocols and cross-layer design
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor currently under review by another conference or journal. All papers for IEEE SECON 2013 must be submitted electronically via the EDAS system: http://edas.info/. Papers must be no longer than 9 pages and in font size no smaller than 10 points. Additional paper submittal instructions can be found on the conference web-site: http://www.ieee-secon.org/2013/. Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceeding published by IEEE.
To be published in the IEEE SECON 2013 Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full or limited (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC Chair grants permission for a substitute presenter. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted papers will be published in the IEEE SECON 2013 Conference Proceedings. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE SECON 2013 Conference Proceedings and in IEEE Xplore®.
The organizers of IEEE SECON 2013 as well as our attendees expect accepted papers to be presented at the conference. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
Abstract Registration: 11:59pm EST on December 7, 2012
Paper Submission Deadline: 11:59pm EST on December 14, 2012
Acceptance Notification: March 15, 2013
Camera Ready: April 15, 2013
More information at: http://www.ieee-secon.org/2013/
Edward W. Knightly
Program Committee Chairs
University of Massachusetts
Aline Carneiro Viana
Mississippi State University
Travel Grant Chair
AT&T Labs Research
Southern Methodist University
National Science Foundation
Fred Bauer (Chair)
King's College London
Sneha Kumar Kasera
University of Utah