SENAmI 2013 : 5th edition of the Workshop on Smart Environments and Ambient Intelligence
Call For Papers
5th edition of the Workshop on Smart Environments and Ambient Intelligence (SENAmI 2013)
-------------------- CALL FOR PAPERS -----------------
Co-located with IEEE PerCom, March 18-22 2013, San Diego, EE.UU.
* IMPORTANT DATES
Paper Submission: October 30, 2012
Author Notification: December 21, 2012
Camera-ready Due: January 25, 2013
* MOTIVATION AND TOPICS
SENAmI 2013: Personalization and Situation Awareness in Smart Environments
A smart environment is a digitally augmented physical world where pervasively and non-invasively instrumented objects and spaces are intelligently perceptive and responsive to the state of the environment and its inhabitants. On top of the smart infrastructure, different computing paradigms make possible to extract knowledge from non-intrusively acquired data. User-centric paradigms aim at learning about the users to adapt services and applications to their preferences and needs. In a complementary way, environment-centric paradigms pursue the global understanding and optimization of the smart space performance through situation analysis techniques.
Following the success of previous editions (Dunedin 2008, Hiroshima 2009, Hong Kong 2010 and Lugano 2012), the fifth edition of this event once again aims at bringing together researchers from academia and industry to present and discuss recent trends and advances in supportive technologies to deliver personalized applications and explore situation awareness in smart environments. Works on innovation at the service layer (applications and user experience) are encouraged too.
The workshop welcomes papers on:
- Methodologies and tools for end-user creation of smart environments.
- Novel proposals on architectures and middleware for data processing and service delivery in smart environments.
- Data fusion and reasoning for situation awareness.
- Machine learning techniques for personalization.
- Sensors, actuators and novel concepts for personalization.
- Novel concepts of services and applications in the smart city (e.g. energy, health, assisted living, tourism, etc.).
- Technology for mobile sensing: social and participatory approaches.
- Test-beds and real-world deployments and user evaluation of smart services.
* SUBMISSION AND PROCEEDINGS
Papers should contain original material and not be previously published or currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Manuscripts must be limited to 6 pages in IEEE 8.5x11 conference format, and formatted in accordance with the IEEE Computer Society author guidelines.
All submissions will be handled via EDAS. Accepted papers will be published by the IEEE Computer Society Press in the combined PerCom 2013 Workshops Proceedings and will appear on IEEE Xplore.
Selected papers with high qualities will be invited to submit to a Journal special issue (TBD).
For further information, please refer to SeNAmI 2013’s website: http://www.grpss.ssr.upm.es/senami2013
or contact us at: email@example.com
PLEASE CIRCULATE this CFP among your colleagues and students.