PICICT 2013 : Palestinian International Conference on Information and Communication Technology
Call For Papers
Palestinian International Conference on Information and Communication Technology (PICICT 2013)
April 15 - 16, 2013
Faculty of Information Technology
Islamic University of Gaza
The conference aims to bring together researchers, scientists, engineers, and practitioners to exchange and share their experiences, new ideas, developments, applications and research results on all aspects of Information and communication Technology and discuss the practical challenges encountered and the solutions adopted.
- To be aware of and share the latest research and developmental results in Information Technology.
- To discuss state of the art challenges and Solutions in Information Technology.
- To stimulate scientific research in Palestine and mixing it with Arab and international expertise.
- To gather experts inside Palestine and enhance research cooperation and establishing the bases for joint research.
- To study and discuss the status of Information Technology and Infrastructure in Palestine and the Middle East.
Organizer and Location
PICICT 2013 is organized by the Faculty of Information Technology, the Islamic University of Gaza and will be held at the conference hall building, Islamic University of Gaza main campus.
Call for Papers
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Software Engineering
- Service Oriented Architecture
- WWW and Social Networks
- Mobile and Wireless Computing
- Knowledge Management
- Data Mining
- Semantic Web
- Natural Language Processing
- Image Processing
- Management and Information Systems
- Geographical Information Systems
- Information Security
- Computer Mathematics
- Formal Methods
- Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Web Computing
- Grid Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Architecture and Microprocessors
- Telecommunication and Network Technologies
- Status of Information Technology and Infrastructure in Palestine and the middle East
- Legal and Ethical issues of Information Technology
- Green Technology
Submission of Abstracts and Papers
Interested researchers are invited to submit their abstracts of one page summarizing their work. Upon acceptance of the abstract, they will submit a full IEEE style paper describing their work in a maximum of 6 single-spaced double column pages. Electronic submission in Microsoft Word or PDF format will be made available via PICICT 2013 EasyChair conference system according to schedule.
Evaluation Process and Proceedings
Authors whose articles are accepted by the conference’s scientific committee will be notified and required to present their work in the conference. All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
- Dr. Tawfiq Barhoom, General Chair, Dean Faculty of IT, Islamic University of Gaza, Palestine.
- Dr. Rebhi Baraka, Head of the organizing committee, Faculty of IT, Islamic University of Gaza, Palestine.
- Prof. Dr. Nabil Hewahi, Head of the scientific committee, Faculty of IT, Islamic University of Gaza, Palestine.
- Dr. Hamed Fawareh, Faculty of Science and Information Technology, Zarqa University, Jordan.
- Dr. Zaigham Mahmood, Asst Head, DISYS (Distributed & Intelligent Systems) Research Group, University of Derby, UK.
- Dr. Mahmoud Saheb, Director of Quality Assurance Unit, Polytechnic University, Hebron, Palestine.
- Dr. Salman Talahmeh, President Assistant for Planning & Development, Ahliya University, Palestine.
- Dr. Alaa Alhalees, Faculty of IT, Islamic University of Gaza, Palestine.
- Dr. Adel Khelifi, Software Engineering Department, Alhosn University, UAE.
- Dr. Ashraf Alattar, Faculty of IT, Islamic University of Gaza, Palestine.
- Dr. Ayman Abu Samra, Faculty of Engineering, Islamic University of Gaza, Palestine.
- Dr. Hatem Elaydi, Faculty of Engineering, Islamic University of Gaza, Palestine.
- Dr. Yousuf Abu Shaaban, Faculty of Engineering and IT, Al- Azhar University, Gaza, Palestine.
- Dr. Manar Abu Talib, College of Information Technology, Zayed University, UAE.
- Dr. Mohammed Radi, Faculty of Applied Science, Alaqsa University.
- Dr. Yousef Abu Zer, Al-Quds Open University, West Bank, Palestine.
- Eng. Ehab Mortaja, Faculty of IT, Islamic University of Gaza, Palestine.
- Dr. Raa'd Salha, Director of Public Relations, Islamic University of Gaza.
- Mr. Raed Rasheed
- Mr. Ramzi Abed
- Mr. Ghasan Jabr
- Mr. Khaled Jaber
Direct all correspondence to:
Dr. Rebhi Baraka, Faculty of Information Technology, Islamic University of Gaza.
Tel. 00970 2860700 ext 2950
Fax. 00970 286 0800
Visit PICICT 2013 official website at:http://fit.iugaza.edu.ps/picict/
- Abstract Submission by September 15, 2012
- Notification of Acceptance by October 1, 2012
- Paper Submission (Full Paper) by December 15, 2012
- Notification of Acceptance by January 15, 2013
- Final Paper Submission by February 1, 2013
- Participants' Registration by February 15, 2013
- Conference Dates April 15 - 16, 2013