EuroHCIR 2012 : The 2nd European Workshop on Human-Computer Interaction and Information Retrieval
Call For Papers
############# euroHCIR2012 @ IIiX2012 || Call for Papers ############
2nd European Workshop on Human-Computer Interaction and Information Retrieval
- 25th August - co-located with IIiX2012 - Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
- Supported by MUMIA WG3 of COST Action IC1002
- Case Study/Paper Deadline: 22nd June 2012
- Aim: stimulate european Enterprise Search & HCIR.
- Details are online: http://fitlab.eu/euroHCIR2012/
Call for Papers:
In common with the wider HCIR community, this workshop will be focused on submissions based on, but not limited to, the following topics:
• Novel interaction techniques for information retrieval.
• Modelling and evaluation of interactive information retrieval.
• Exploratory search and information discovery.
• Patent searching and critical recall-oriented scenarios
• Professional search systems and scenarios
• Information visualization and visual analytics.
• Applications of HCI techniques to information retrieval needs in specific domains.
• Ethnography and user studies relevant to information retrieval and access.
• Scale and efficiency considerations for interactive information retrieval systems.
• Relevance feedback and active learning approaches for information retrieval.
Industry Case Studies
- The enterprise and web search experiences from professionals are a key part of understanding excellence in HCIR design. We are inviting case studies and position papers that go beyond a simple narrative to describe lessons learned for the community.
**Industry case studies will be evaluated more in terms of their contributions to lessons learned than through research merit.**
- From the research community, we are interested in research contributions, late breaking results, or challenging, controversial, or insightful position papers that might shape the way the HCIR community thinks ahead.
** Academic contributions will be evaluated in terms of their contribution to the thinking and discussion for the workshop and the community.**
- Sometimes insight comes from a range of sources - position papers that are thoughtful and well reasoned are invited, especially if they kick up some discussion.
Participants must submit anonymised 2-4 page ACM format PDFs to the EasyChair page, optionally indicating whether the submission is from industry or academia. More details will appear on http://fitlab.eu/euroHCIR2012/submission.php
• 22nd June 2012 - Submissions Due
• 6th July 2012 - Notifications
• 27th July 2012 - Camera Ready versions
• 25th August 2012 – Workshop Day
Registration will likely be €50 - where people can register independently of the whole conference, or with a full conference registration. Details will appear on the http://www.iiix2012.org/ website and our own.
Tony Russell-Rose (Industry)
tgr - at - uxlabs.co.uk
Max L. Wilson (Academia)
University of Nottingham, UK
max.wilson - at - nottingham.ac.uk
James Kalbach (Industry)
jim.kalbach - at - gmail.com
Birger Larsen (Academia)
Royal School of Library and Information Science, Denmark
blar - at - iva.dk