OR 2012 : Operations Research
Call For Papers
INTERNATIONAL ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF THE GERMAN OPERATIONS RESEARCH SOCIETY (OR 2012), Hannover, Germany, September 4-7, 2012:
"Energy, Markets and Mobility" / www.or2012.de
FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
The organizers of the OR 2012 conference are glad to invite you to this conference to be held in Hannover, Germany, from September 4-7, 2012.
We have chosen a rich and exiting main topic: "Energy, Markets and Mobility"
The OR 2012 conference in Hannover will address these topics from an OR perspective, treating them not only in isolation, but also with respect to their numerous and exciting interconnections, such as:
* New energy for new mobility concepts
* New market mechanisms for sustainable energy production
to name but a few. We will draw on the vast local expertise to organize an exciting and truly interdisciplinary conference in Hannover.
As in former years, the conference will also provide ample opportunities to present OR-related research results in 18 different streams, representing the many problem-oriented and methodological aspects of Operations Research as a rich and vivid academic field.
Both the Program and the Organizing Committee are preparing a highly attractive scientific, academic and social program and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you in Hannover! A social highlight will be the festive conference dinner in the "Great Hall of the Maharajah" of Hannover's Adventure Zoo.
Please visit the conference website (www.or2012.de) for detailed information.
PLENARY & SEMI-PLENARY SPEAKERS
- Raimo P. Hämäläinen: On the need for Behavioral Operations Research
- Horst Oehlschlaeger: Perspectives for Future Propulsion Systems
- Martin Bichler: Discrete Optimization and Market Design
- Wolf Fichtner: New Challenges in Energy System Modelling
- Nadine Gatzert: The Impact of Natural Hedging on a Life Insurer's Risk Situation
- Stanley B. Gershwin: Analysis, Control, and Design of Stochastic Flow Systems with Limited Storage
- Albert B. Gilg: Optimizing Design and Operations - an Industrial Viewpoint
- Shane G. Henderson: Real-time Control of Ambulance Fleets
- Andreas Reuter: Industrialization of Manufacturing Processes for Developing the Offshore Wind Market
- Martin Skutella: Flows over Time: Modelling Network Routing Problems including a Temporal Dimension
- Thomas S. Spengler: The Transition to Electric Vehicles: Simulation based Analysis of the Automotive Market
- Ursula Walther: Performance Analysis of Investment Strategies - Pitfalls and Surprises
CALL FOR PAPERS AND SESSIONS:
All researchers and practitioners working on OR-related topics are invited to present their papers. They will be organized in parallel sessions which belong to specific conference streams. Each participant can present at most one paper, but may be co-author of other papers as well.
Please visit the conference website to submit your abstract (www.or2012.de/abstractsubmission). The submission deadline is April 30, 2012.
You will receive a further notice as soon as the registration for the conference opens.
Please contact (via the conference web site) the stream chair of the corresponding area, if you want to organize an invited session.
STREAMS & STREAM CHAIRS:
- Applied Probability and Stochastic Programming, Forecasting
Karl-Heinz Waldmann (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)
- Continuous Optimization
Mirjam Dür (Universität Trier)
- Decision Analysis and Multiple Criteria Decision Making
Jutta Geldermann (Georg-August-Universität Göttingen)
- Discrete and Combinatorial Optimization, Graphs and Networks
Matthias Müller-Hannemann (Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg)
- Energy and Environment
Grit Walther (University of Wuppertal)
- Financial Modeling, Banking and Insurance
Marc Gürtler (TU Braunschweig)
- Game Theory and Experimental Economics
Matthias Erlei (Clausthal University of Technology)
- Health Care Management
Axel Focke (Neu-Ulm University)
- Information Systems, Neural Nets and Fuzzy Systems
Natalia Kliewer (Freie Universität Berlin)
- Managerial Accounting
Katja Schimmelpfeng (Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus)
- Production and Operations Management
Martin Grunow (TU München)
- Renewable Energy and New Mobility
Michael H. Breitner (Leibniz Universität Hannover)
- Revenue Management and Pricing
Alf Kimms (University of Duisburg-Essen)
- Scheduling and Project Management
Erwin Pesch (University of Siegen)
- Simulation and System Dynamics
Stefan Pickl (Universität der Bundeswehr München)
- Software Applications and Modelling Systems
Michael R. Bussieck (GAMS Software GmbH)
- Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Inventory
Herbert Meyr (University of Hohenheim)
- Traffic and Transportation
Knut Haase (University of Hamburg)
Deadline for abstract submission: April 30, 2012
Notification of acceptance: May 30, 2012
Deadline for early registration (for inclusion in the program): June 30, 2012
Deadline for late registration: July 15, 2012
Conference: September 4-7, 2012
For any further information please visit the conference web page: www.or2012.de
The OR 2012 conference organizers