IEEE SMC MedInfo 2012 : Special Session on Advances in Medical Informatics: Machine Vision, Pattern Recognition and Soft Computing
Call For Papers
Special Session on Advances in Medical Informatics:
Machine Vision, Pattern Recognition and Soft Computing
1. Introduction / Call for Papers
Medical informatics has recently emerged as a major field of research with a wide range of applications such as medical imaging, medical ontology, decision support system, bioinformatics and system biology. The purpose of this special session is to demonstrate the potential of several intelligent approaches exploited in medical planning, diagnosis and treatment. This also brings together researchers and practitioners from academia to industry working in multi-disciplinary area and technically converging areas.
2. Indicative Topics / Areas
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Medical image processing, visual information extraction and interpretation, biological image analysis
- Pattern recognition, classification, clustering, segmentation, information extraction from biomedical data, biomedical ontology and text summarization
- Bioinformatics, computer-aided diagnosis and decision support systems, artificial intelligence in medical informatics
- Soft computing techniques, fuzzy sets, uncertainty, information fusion
3. Important Dates
May 13, 2012 Deadline for submission of full-length papers
June 15, 2012 Acceptance/Rejection notification
July 31, 2012 Deadline for final camera-ready papers submission
July 31, 2012 Early paper registration deadline
Manuscripts for a Special Session should NOT be submitted in duplication to any other regular or special sessions and should be submitted to SMC 2012 main conference online submission system on SMC 2012 conference website.
All submitted papers of Special Sessions have to undergo the same review process (three completed reviews per paper). The technical reviewers for each Special Session paper will be members of the SMC 2012 Program Committee and qualified peer-reviewers to be nominated by the Special Session organizers.
For More details, please go to:
For more information about format, please go to:
To submit, please:
(1) Go to: https://www.openconf.org/smc2012/smc2012cybernetics/openconf.php
(2) Click "Make Submission"
(3) Select the Topic Areas to be "SSC14:Advances in Medical Informatics: Machine Vision, Pattern Recognition and soft computing"