CLIP 2012 : MICCAI 2012 Workshop on Clinical Image-based Procedures: From Planning to Intervention
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
MICCAI 2012 Workshop on
Clinical Image-based Procedures: From Planning to Intervention
October 5, 2012
Acropolis Convention Center, Nice, France
There has been considerable interest over the last years in the development and evaluation of new translational techniques for clinical image-based planning and interventions at the cutting edge of modern procedures in the hospital. This workshop aims to fill the gap between basic science and clinical applications by focusing on the clinical translations of state-of-the-art methods with a special emphasis on image-based planning and interventions.
* Challenges and emerging techniques in image-based procedures
* Clinical translation of image-based techniques for planning and intervention
* Error analysis in image-based procedures
* Navigation and tracking: tool tracking, organ tracking, and tumor tracking
* Computational anatomy and image analysis: modeling, segmentation, simulation
* Personalization of patient models to support interventions
* Inter- and intra-modality registration
* Visualization for operation planning
* Multimodal image-based planning and guidance
* Clinical applications in open and minimally invasive surgery
* Clinical validation of image-guided systems
Papers will be limited to eight pages following the MICCAI submission guidelines. Prospective authors should refer to the Paper Submission section on the workshop website for details on how to submit papers to be presented at the workshop.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least 2 members of the program committee. The selection of the papers will be based on the significance of results, novelty, technical merit, relevance and clarity of presentation. Papers will be presented in a day long single track workshop starting with plenary sessions.
Accepted papers will be published as a post-proceedings volume in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series after the workshop.
Accepted papers will be presented in a day long single track workshop. The final program will consist of invited speakers and original papers with time allocated for discussions. Electronic proceedings will be arranged for all of the papers presented at the workshop.
* June 15, 2012: Paper submission due date
* July 6, 2012: Notification of acceptance
Inquires about the workshop should be sent to the Information Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ORGANIZERS (in alphabetical order)
Klaus Drechsler (Fraunhofer IGD, Germany)
Marius Erdt (Fraunhofer IGD, Germany)
Marius George Linguraru (Children's National Medical Center, USA)
Cristina Oyarzun Laura (Fraunhofer IGD, Germany)
Karun Sharma (Georgetown University Hospital, USA)
Raj Shekhar (Children's National Medical Center, USA)
Stefan Wesarg (Fraunhofer IGD, Germany)