OAWN 2012 : International Workshop on Opportunistic Ad-hoc Wireless Networks
Call For Papers
International Workshop on Opportunistic Ad-hoc Wireless Networks (OAWN - 2012)
In conjunction with the 3rd International Conference on Emerging Intelligent Data and Web Technologies
19 - 21 September 2012,
Opportunistic networks represent an emerging communication paradigm for pervasive and ubiquitous computing by supporting wireless communications in intermittently connected scenarios. Opportunistic Networks are examples of wireless, ad hoc networks where there is an absence of a continuous end-to-end path. The proliferation of mobile device usage creates opportunities for nodes to forward packets in a dynamic way, utilizing nodes as they present themselves. When two devices come into contact, opportunistically, it provides an opportunity to match services to resources, exchange information, and forward messages.
The scope of this workshop is to provide an international forum for researchers with the aim of encouraging the exchange of ideas and experience in the field of Opportunistic Networks.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The main topic areas of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
• Opportunistic routing
• Social routing as applied to opportunistic or sensor networks
• Optimization methods for opportunistic sensor networks
• Modeling and simulation for opportunistic or sensor networks
• Control of privacy and security problems in opportunistic or sensor networks
• Analyzing performance of opportunistic network algorithms and protocols
• Methods for inviting opportunistic nodes and for controlling them
• Methods for detecting suitable opportunistic nodes with useful resources and facilities
• Intelligent systems that utilize opportunistic networking approaches
• Emergent collective intelligent networks
• Vehicular networking
• Opportunistic networking for logistics and distribution
• Opportunistic networking for e-business and m-business
• Best practices, case studies and research use cases.
The papers should be submitted electronically via the EIDWT-2012 submission system. Details are available from:
Accepted papers will be published by the IEEE Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and archived in the Digital Library (www.ieee.org, Xplore service, only abstracts are free).