ACML Tutorials 2012 : Call for Tutorials: 4th Asian Conference on Machine Learning
Call For Papers
The ACML 2012 Organizing Committee invites proposals for tutorials to be held at the 4th Asian Conference on Machine Learning, on Sunday, Nov 4, 2012, at the Singapore Management University, Singapore. The conference aims at providing a leading international forum for researchers in machine learning and related fields to share their new ideas and achievements. Submissions from outside the Asia-Pacific region is also highly encouraged.
We invite proposals for half-day tutorials on machine learning and related fields. Ideally, the tutorial should attract a wide audience, provide a broad coverage of core research problems in its chosen research area, elucidate technical solutions, discuss their key insights, and stimulate future work. We discourage commercial presentations and tutorials that focus exclusively on the presenters' own work.
A proposal should be 2-3 pages long (with possibly some extra materials). The total duration of a tutorial should be approximately three hours (including a half-hour break). Tutorial proposals should be submitted via email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A tutorial proposal must contain the following:
• Title and abstract
• Overview describing the topic
• Reasons why the topic is interesting and significant to the machine learning community
• Research areas of potential audience
• Prior knowledge required of the audience
• Detailed outline of material to be presented, including estimates on the time required for each subject area
• Work distribution in the case of multiple presenters
• Samples of relevant past tutorials and teaching materials
• Description of presentation medium (slides, multimedia, demos, etc.)
• Name, email, webpage, research expertise, and list of publications in tutorial area of each presenter
Tutorial proposals due Jul 16, 2012
Acceptance notification Aug 15, 2012
Tutorial material/Website due Oct 15, 2012
ACML tutorials Nov 4, 2012
Hai Leong Chieu and Stanley Kok,
Tutorials Chairs ACML 2012.
ACML 2012 website: http://acml12.comp.nus.edu.sg/