SMPTE 2012 : 2012 SMPTE Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition
Call For Papers
Call for Papers - 2012 SMPTE Annual Technical Conference
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE), the worldwide leader in motion-imaging standards and education, is seeking proposals for technical papers for the 2012 SMPTE Technical Conference & Exhibition – Tuesday 10/23/2012 to Thursday 10/25/2012 in Hollywood, California - the premier annual event for the communications, media, and entertainment industries.
Student Papers are strongly encouraged.
Proposed papers must be informational in nature and must address technical theory, research, application, or practice associated with technologies relevant to the Motion Imaging Industry.
Papers which are commercial or promotional in nature will not be considered.
Technical Topics to consider:
- Advancements in film technologies: film stocks, restoration techniques
- Advances in Stereoscopic 3D Imaging, processing, distribution and display
- Animation: new techniques and process
- Asset Management & Archive
- Beyond HD - 1080p60 3G infrastructure
- Broadband Content Delivery
- Broadcast Facility IP Data Exchange (e.g. BXF)
- Cinematography: New Tools & Trends
- Cinematography & Post
- Cloud, SOA, and Workflow
- Color management, interchange, correction techniques
- Consumer technologies: HD deployment, transmission, home networking
- Content management, storage, archiving, and retrieval
- Content security, rights management, watermarking
- Digital audio for cinema, broadcast and gaming
- Digital audio implementation issues, including loudness variations and lip-sync errors
- Digital Cinema Exhibition: servers, content storage, networks and scheduling
- Digital Cinema Production and Post Production: processes and workflow
- Digital Intermediates: Process, advancements and case studies
- Display technologies: Plasma, LCD, LCoS, OLED's, laser
- Evolving Technology For Broadcast Facilities
- Emerging Technologies
- File Based Workflows
- High Performance Networks
- Historical topics on early filmmaking, animation and television technologies
- Image Acquisition for filmmaking, broadcast news, studio production and sports
- Image Processing
- IP Content networks, transport, architectures, standards and applications
- Metadata and file management
- MXF Implementation
- New technologies and architectures for improved workflow efficiency
- Next generation digital infrastructure in an end-of-analog world
- Opportunities and challenges for mobile video services
- Sound Techniques
- Station Monitoring & Control
- Wide bandwidth infrastructure: 1080p50/60, 4K and beyond
To Submit an Abstract
Interested parties are invited to submit a one-page abstract (between 50 and 150 words) including topic heading, paper title, delivery method (presentation, video clip, demonstration), a brief description of the proposed paper's content, name of author(s) and presenter, title, company, mailing address, telephone/fax numbers, and e-mail address no later than 22 June, 2012. Instructions for submission of abstracts are provided below.
Previously published, product-specific, or promotional papers will not be considered.
If not already registered with EDAS
1. Go to http://www.edas.info
2. Select "New User"
3. Fill in required information
4. Check "I consent to the EDAS Privacy Policies" box
5. Click on "Add This Person" Button
Submit a Paper (if registered with EDAS):
1. Go to https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=12219
3. Enter the paper's title
4. Add the author's name
5. Enter the synopsis in the "Abstract" field
6. Press "Submit"
Authors will be notified regarding the status of their submitted abstracts no later than 20 July, 2012
To ensure SMPTE has time to process papers for the conference, selected speakers are required to provide an electronic version of the final technical paper to SMPTE no later than 20 September, 2012.
Please note: A technical paper manuscript is required from all 2012 SMPTE Tech Conference speakers.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Joel E. Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org