BICCS 2012 : Bio-inspired computing for collective and swarm intelligence
Call For Papers
Call for Papers of the Special Session
Bio-inspired computing for collective and swarm intelligence (BICCS)
Special Session Organizers:
Chair Dr. Hide Sasaki (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
firstname.lastname@example.org (primary contact)
Co-chair Prof. Ho-fung Leung (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Special Session Program Committee (TAB)
Introduction / Call for Papers
IEEE SMC is always the epoch-making forum, in which Dr. Marco Dorigo released his brilliant idea of ant colony optimization.
His idea evolved in two ways: a direct progress as bio-inspired computation and other expansive applications as collective
and swarm intelligence. We combine these two areas of study in a common field that gives researchers a unified topic to
discuss on: Bio-Inspired Computing. This is a leading field of optimization for control algorithms and systems.
A great number of solutions are provided to the optimization problems such as the travelling salesperson problem.
Its representative is Ant Colony Optimization. Meanwhile, collective intelligence or swarm intelligence is an emerging area
of technical solutions also inspired by the nature of animals emigrating or foraging in groups. In this special session,
we invite interdisciplinary technical solutions to optimization problems inspired by biology or behavioral science that
discusses collectively proper behaviors chosen by individual animals or humans in group dynamics. We emphasize our concern
of math-oriented ideas and simulation-based solutions in various domains of applications of bio-inspired computing that
originates from bio/nature related behavioral analysis on group or herds of collective and swarm intelligence.
We also invited not a small number of papers of quality to be extended and included
in the Intl Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence. If you may be interested in this opportunity,
please contact email@example.com in advance of your submission to IEEE SMC Portal Site.
Indicative Topics / Areas (listed as examples and not exhaustive):
- Bio-inspired Algorithms and Systems
- Bio-inspired Optimization (ex. Ant Colony Optimization)
- Bio-inspired Congestion Control
- Bio-inspired Resource Allocation
- Interactive Agents involving Bio-inspired Algorithms
- Sensor Networks involving Bio-inspired Algorithms
- Network Security involving Bio-inspired Algorithms
Collective Intelligence / Swarm intelligence
- Probabilistic / Stochastic Approaches involving Collective Intelligence
- Neural Networks involving Collective / Swarm Intelligence
- Fuzzy Control involving Collective / Swarm Intelligence
- Bayesian Networks involving Collective / Swarm Intelligence
- Interactive Agents involving Collective / Swarm Intelligence
- Sensor Networks involving Collective / Swarm Intelligence
- Bio-inspired solutions for Ecological Data Analysis
April 15, 2012 - Deadline for submission
June 15, 2012 - Acceptance/Rejection notification
July 31, 2012 - Deadline for final camera-ready papers submission
Full-length papers only (Min. 6 pages in IEEE format; Max 8 pages): See in detail at http://www.smc2012.org/ps.htm
Manuscripts for a Special Session should NOT be submitted in duplication to any other regular or special sessions and
should be submitted to SMC 2012 main conference online submission system on SMC 2012 conference website.
All submitted papers of Special Sessions have to undergo the same review process (three completed reviews per paper).