MLSP 2012 : IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing
Call For Papers
* CALL FOR PAPERS - 2012 IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing
2012 IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing
September 23-26, 2012.
The 22nd MLSP workshop in the series organized by the Signal Processing Society MLSP Technical Committee will present the most recent and exciting advances in data analysis for signal processing problems through tutorials, keynote talks, as well as special and regular single-track sessions.
* TOPICS OF INTEREST include but are not limited to:
- Learning theory and techniques
- Graphical models and kernel methods
- Data-driven adaptive systems and models
- Pattern recognition and classification
- Distributed, Bayesian, subspace/manifold, and sparsity-aware learning
- Multiset data analysis and multimodal data fusion
- Perceptual signal processing in audio, image and video
- Cognitive information processing
- Applications, including:
- Speech, audio and video
- Music processing
- Biomedical imaging
- Bioinformatics and Computational genomics
- Social networks
- Energy and smart grid
* DATA COMPETITION, supported by Amazon.com
A data and signal analysis competition is being organized.
Winners will present their work and receive their award during the
Goal: The goal is to select/design a classifier (and any
pre-processing systems, including a feature extractor) that correctly
classifies a pair of an employee and a resource (a resource can be a
computer, a data base, or a data portal etc) into one of two classes:
access or non-access. The winner will be the submission that minimize
the number of manual access grant/removal operations in the future
Registration: Registration is not required. However, if you wish to
receive important updates on the competition by email then please
send a request to the address provided on the web page.
Deadline: Submissions must be emailed to the email address
provided at the web page no later than one week after the main
conference paper submission deadline, i.e. by May 14, 2012.
Awards: Up to three newest Kindle Fire tablet computers from
Amazon will be awarded as prizes. Amazon will support and invite the
winners to present their results at Amazon's new SLU headquarter in
Data and more details: Available on the competition page.
* PLENARY SPEAKERS
- Martin Wainwright, Univ. California at Berkeley, USA
- Francis Bach, INRIA, France
- Ali H. Sayed, Univ. California at Los Angeles, USA
* IMPORTANT DATES
- Full paper submission: May 7, 2012
- Notification of acceptance: June 25, 2012
- Advance registration before: July 31, 2012
- Camera-ready paper: August 15, 2012
- Conference: September 23-26, 2012
Authors are invited to submit a double-column paper of up to 6 pages using the electronic submission procedure described at http://mlsp2012.conwiz.dk.
- Accepted papers will be published by IEEE Press and in electronic format.
- Selected papers from MLSP 2012 will be considered for a special issue of The International Journal of Neural Systems (JCR IF 4.2).
* FURTHER INFORMATION:
PDF file of the Call-for-Papers can be found at http://mlsp2012.conwiz.dk
For up-to-date information on the technical and social program for practical arrangements, please visit the conference website at http://mlsp2012.conwiz.dk
We hope to welcome you in Santander in September 2012!
Ignacio Santamaría (Univ. Cantabria, Spain)
Jerónimo Arenas-García (Univ. Carlos III de Madrid, Spain)
Gustavo Camps-Valls (Univ. de València, Spain)
Fernando Pérez-Cruz (Univ. Carlos III de Madrid, Spain)
Special Sessions Chairs:
Emilio Parrado-Hernández (Univ. Carlos III de Madrid, Spain)
Jocelyn Chanussot (Grenoble Institute of Technology, France)
Data Competition Chairs:
Kenneth E. Hild II (Oregon Health & Science University, USA)
Vince Calhoun (University of New Mexico, USA)
Weifeng Liu (Amazon.com Inc., USA)
Marc Van Hulle (K.U. Leuven, Belgium)
Luis Gómez Chova (Univ. de València, Spain)
Web and Publication Chair:
Jan Larsen (Technical University of Denmark, Denmark)
Local Organizing Chairs:
Jesús Ibáñez (Univ. Santander)
Javier Vía (Univ. Santander)