ES track- SCSC 2012 : Emergency Simulation
Call For Papers
Nowadays continuous incidents, terrorist threats, catastrophic events have strongly underlined the need to plan and organize better responses to emergency situations.
The track offers the possibility to present scientific results and critical issues concerning emergency responses procedures using Modeling and Simulation. Topics of interest include aspects such as:
· Simulation and testing of emergency scenarios;
· Personnel training trough Simulation;
· Modeling & Simulation of human crowd behavior;
· Modeling & Simulation of critical incidents;
· Synthetic and Virtual Environments for emergency situations;
· Medical emergency Simulation;
· Police, fire emergency Simulation;
· Emergency response Simulation;
· Simulation games for incidents and threats management;
· Modeling & Simulation of terrorist attacks;
· Modeling & Simulation of natural disasters;
· Emergency management systems;
· Emergency response Simulation in supply chain and logistic networks.
Nevertheless different topics concerning Emergency Simulation are welcome. Authors are kindly invited to include in their papers and presentations all the research works, case studies and application both theoretical and applied.
Special session proposals January 16, 2012
Submission of papers February 1, 2012
Notification of Acceptance March 15, 2012
Final Submission April 16, 2012
The conference committee will accept three types of papers (as listed below) submitted as a PDF file by using the conference submission system. Final version of all the papers MUST COMPLY with the SCS conference format. All the submitted papers will be peer reviewed with respect to their quality, originality and relevance.
The authors of the accepted paper MUST register in advance for inclusion of their paper in the conference proceedings.
1. Full manuscript: 8 pages in final conference format. In addition to publication in the conference proceedings, they will be considered for best paper award and for possible inclusion in a Special Issue of the Simulation Journal (SCS). Full papers will be published both in hard copy and CD-ROM.
2. Work in Progress: Short papers up to 6 pages in final conference format
3. Short Papers: Papers with industrial focus, military or government applications, and work-in-progress in abstract or short paper format.
Each paper must include the title, authors, affiliations, addresses, references and abstract for proper positioning in the conference. Only original papers, written in English, which have not been published previously elsewhere, will be accepted. Please indicate which conference topic is most appropriate.
Please note that in case of acceptance, your final manuscript will need to be submitted electronically as a PDF file to the conference website by the deadline to guarantee inclusion in the conference CD and final program. Authors of accepted papers are expected to attend the conference, present their work to their peers, transfer copyright, and pay a conference registration fee at the time their camera-ready paper is submitted. All papers will be included in the conference proceedings and archived in both the SCS digital library and the ACM Digital Library; Full Papers will be also printed in hard copy.
For further information please contact Francesco Longo (firstname.lastname@example.org),Peter Kropf (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org