ESANN 2012 : European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks, Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning
Conference Series : The European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks
Call For Papers
European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks, Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning
Bruges (Belgium), 25 - 27 April 2012
The 20 th European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks, Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning will take place in Bruges, Belgium from 25 to 27 April 2012 .
This event builds upon a very successful series of conference organized each year since 1993. ESANN has become a major scientific events in the machine learning, computational intelligence and artificial neural networks fields over the years.
The two main tracks are "Theory and methods", and "Information processing and applications". See call for papers for details. In addition, a number of special sessions will be organized, on selected hot topics in the machine learning, computational intelligence and artificial neural networks fields. See special sessions for details.
Bruges is one of the most beautiful medieval towns in Europe. Designated as the "Venice of the North", the city has preserved all the charms of the medieval heritage. Its centre, which is inscribed on the Unesco World Heritage list, is in itself a real open air museum.
Submission of papers: 30 November 2011
Notification of acceptance: 23 January 2012
ESANN conference: 25 - 27 April 2012
The ESANN 2012 conference will be organized in a hotel located near the center (walking distance) of the town. There is no obligation for participants to stay in this hotel. See "hotels" for details. Location:
Login: Password: Password forgotten ?
Call for papers
[Submission - Scope and topics - Special sessions - Deadline - Registration and copyright transfer]
Scope and topics
Since its first happening in 1993, the European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks has become the reference for researchers on fundamentals and theoretical aspects of artificial neural networks, computational intelligence, machine learning and related topics. Each year, around 100 specialists attend ESANN, in order to present their latest results and comprehensive surveys, and to discuss the future developments in this field.
The ESANN 2012 conference will follow this tradition, while adapting its scope to the recent developments in the field. The ESANN conferences cover artificial neural networks, machine learning, statistical information processing and computational intelligence. Mathematical foundations, algorithms and tools, and applications are covered.
Papers will be presented orally (single track) and in poster sessions; all posters will be complemented by a short oral presentation during a plenary session. The selection of papers will differentiate between oral and posters presentations according to the topics, and not to the level of quality.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of machine learning, computational intelligence and artificial neural networks topics covered during the ESANN conferences:
Track 1: THEORY and METHODS Track 2: INFORMATION PROCESSING and APPLICATIONS
Statistical and mathematical aspects of learning Data mining
Feedforward models Signal processing and modeling
Kernel machines Approximation and identification
Graphical models, EM and Bayesian learning Classification and clustering
Vector quantization and self-organizing maps Feature extraction and dimension reduction
Recurrent networks and dynamical systems Time series forecasting
Blind signal processing Multimodal interfaces and multichannel processing
Ensemble learning Vision and sensory systems
Nonlinear projection and data visualization Identification of non-linear dynamical systems
Fuzzy neural networks Biometry
Evolutionary computation Bioinformatics
Bio-inspired systems Brain-computer interfaces
Special sessions will be organized by renowned scientists in their respective fields. Papers submitted to these sessions are reviewed according to the same rules as the submissions to the regular sessions. Authors who submit papers to one of these sessions are invited to mention it on the author submission form. Submissions to regular and special sessions follow identical format, instructions, deadlines and procedures.
See the special sessions page for details.
Prospective authors are invited to submit their contributions before 30 November 2011.
Registration and copyright transfer
By submitting your paper (both the submission and the final version),
* you confirm that, in case of acceptance of your submission, at least one of the authors will register and pay the registration fee before 28th February 2012;
* you confirm that one of the registered authors will attend the conference and present the paper;
* you confirm that the same work has not been published or submitted elsewhere (conference or journal);
* you confirm that the same work will not be submitted to any other conference or journal before the notification of acceptance or rejection of your submission to ESANN;
* you accept not to distribute your paper before the conference (in particular, you will not make it available on a web page or in a publication repository);
* you transfer the rights to distribute and reproduce your paper in any form (paper and electronic) to the ESANN organization (d-side s.a.). In particular, you accept that your paper will be printed in the proceedings, made available on the web and on any possible electronic support. You keep the rights to freely distribute yourself your paper, provided that full reference is given. Once it will be made available on the ESANN proceedings web pages, only this version may be distributed (it will contain the full references inserted on each page of the paper).