ICLLS 2024 : Sixth International Conference on Linguistics and Language Studies
Call For Papers
After a three-year hiatus, the Chartered Institute of Linguists Hong Kong Society (CIOLHKS) is excited to announce the return of our annual conference. The Sixth International Conference on Linguistics and Language Studies (ICLLS 2024)* will be held at Hong Kong Metropolitan University on 21–22 June 2024. The conference provides a platform for scholars around the globe to share research and good practices, and to explore research collaboration in topics related to applied linguistics, language studies and language teaching, including the following:
• Artificial Intelligence in Language Learning
• Bilingualism and Multilingualism
• Cognitive Linguistics
• Corpus Linguistics
• Discourse Analysis
• English for Professional Communication
• Intercultural Communication
• Language Acquisition
• Language Assessment
• Language, Culture and Society
• Language Planning and Policy
• Phonetics and Phonology
• Semantics and Pragmatics
• Syntax and Morphology
• Technology-enhanced Language Education
• Translation and Interpreting
Prof. Ping Li (Sin Wai Kin Professor in Humanities and Technology, Chair Professor of Neurolinguistics and Bilingual Studies, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
Prof. Boping Yuan (Professor Emeritus in Chinese Language and Linguistics, University of Cambridge)
Mr. Steve Doswell (Chair, Chartered Institute of Linguists, UK)
Invited workshop speaker:
• Dr Angel Ma Qing (Associate Professor, the Education University of Hong Kong).
Call for papers:
We cordially invite abstract submissions for oral paper presentations (15–20 minutes) and workshops (60–90 minutes) on any topic relevant to applied linguistics and language studies, especially those in the areas listed above. Original submissions in either English or Chinese are welcome. Presentations and workshops should be given in the same language as the abstract. All abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the Programme Committee.
All submissions should be made via EasyChair by the deadline (15 January 2024). Abstracts should be between 300 and 400 words long and include a title and five keywords. Please specify (i) whether it is for an oral paper presentation or workshop, and (ii) whether it is a student paper submission.
Subsequent full paper submission is optional for accepted abstracts and will further undergo editorial review. ICLLS 2024 will present a Best Paper Award and a Best Student Paper Award to relevant winners. Accepted and registered full papers presented at the conference will automatically be considered for the two awards as applicable. A submission is eligible for the Best Student Paper Award if the author(s) is/are a full-time student(s) at the time of submission.
All full papers presented at ICLLS 2024 are subject to review by the Programme Committee before they are included in the electronic Conference Proceedings with ISBN (978-988-77932-3-6). Selected high quality papers from the proceedings may also be invited to extend and submit their work for publication in a refereed journal or edited volume.
For further details, please visit the conference website: https://iclls2024.wixsite.com/iclls2024. If you have any queries, you are welcome to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your submission and seeing you at the conference.
Sixth International Conference on Linguistics and Language Studies
* ICLLS 2024 is organised by the Chartered Institute of Linguists Hong Kong Society, and co-organised by Caritas Institute of Higher Education (Ip Ying To Lee Yu School of Humanities and Languages), Hong Kong Metropolitan University (Department of Humanities, Language and Translation in the School of Arts and Social Sciences), Hong Kong Shue Yan University (Department of English Language & Literature), Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (School of General Education and Languages), and the Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Division of Languages and Communication in the College of Professional and Continuing Education).