VIE 2008 : Fifth International Conference on Visual Information Engineering
Call For Papers
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) Visual Information Engineering conference aims at bringing together leading international researchers, developers, creators, educators, and practitioners in networked media, image processing, machine vision, computer graphics, virtual and augmented environments, and visual communications to share our latest achievements and explore future directions and synergies.
In 2008 the fifth VIE conference will focus on fostering closer links to China by both academia and industry. VIE'08 is sure to provide the ideal forum for researchers, practitioners and educators in the VIE community to discuss results and advancements in a high quality, peer reviewed environment.
VIE'08 will be held at Xi'an International Conference Centre in one of the most beautiful and historical cities of China. The scientific program of VIE'08 will include presentations by invited internationally-renowned plenary speakers, special sessions, and tutorial and regular sessions with contributed research papers.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Visual information retrieval
* Multimedia processing and semantic web
* Semantic multimedia and applications
* Visual media management
* Multimedia database management
* Image and video analysis, segmentation
* Motion analysis and tracking for surveillance
* Data hiding and watermarking
* Networked multimedia systems
* Scalable source and channel coding
* Distributed camera networks for surveillance
* Image and video-based model synthesis
* Distributed virtual reality
* Graphics, visualisation, animation, rendering
* Synthetic image generation and manipulation
* Image acquisition hardware
* Application of visual information engineering
o Entertainment and gaming
o Medical imaging and healthcare
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers using the on-line system at the conference website http://vie08.qmul.net/. Accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Extended versions of VIE papers will be reviewed and considered for publication in Special Issues of the IET Image Processing, IET Computer Vision (formerly IEE Proceedings Vision, Image and Signal Processing) and the EURASIP journal on Image and Video Processing.
* Submission of full papers (to be received by): 17 March, 2008
* Notification of acceptance: 30 April, 2008
* Submission of camera-ready papers: 20 May, 2008