ICWE 2023 : CFP - 23rd International Conference on Web Engineering
Conference Series : International Conference on Web Engineering
Call For Papers
Call for Papers - ICWE 2023
23rd International Conference on Web Engineering
June 6-9, 2023 in Alicante, Spain
ICWE 2023 - AT A GLANCE
The International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE) is the premier annual conference on Web Engineering and associated technologies. Thus, the conference covers the different aspects of Web Engineering, including the design, creation, maintenance, operation, and usage of Web applications. ICWE 2023 will be held on June 6-9, 2023 in Alicante, Spain.
ICWE aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from various disciplines in academia and industry to tackle the emerging challenges in the engineering of Web applications, the problems and opportunities of its associated technologies, and the impact of those technologies on society and culture. The 23rd edition of ICWE has a wide spectrum of topics related to Web Engineering, such as, among others:
- Web application modeling and engineering
- Web infrastructures and architectures
- Web mining and knowledge extraction
- Web Big Data and Web data analytics
- Execution models, e.g., serverless computing
- Mobile Web applications
- Web of Things applications
- Social Web applications
- Web crowdsourcing and human computation
- Semantic Web, Web ontologies, and Linked Open Data applications
- Web composition and mashups
- Web user interfaces
- Quality and accessibility aspects of Web applications
- Web security, privacy, and identity
- Web services, computing, and standards
- Microservice architecture for Web applications
- Cloud, fog, and edge computing for Web applications
- Fair and explainable Web technology
- User Modeling and Web-based Recommender Systems
- Web standards
- Disruptive Web technologies
- Comparisons, data sets, empirical studies of Web technologies
In addition to the research track, ICWE 2023 also seeks contributions of demos and posters, student papers at the PhD Symposium, tutorials, and workshops, which will be the subject of individual calls.
SUBMISSIONS TO THE RESEARCH TRACK
This call addresses research contributions in one of the following two categories:
- Full papers: mature, original research contribution. Reported results must be supported by some type of evaluation, and also include a justification about the choice/suitability of the evaluation method. In addition, evidence of use in practice and/or demonstration of scalability is regarded as a plus. (15 pages, Springer LNCS format)
- Short papers: short papers presenting a discussion – analysis, criticism, proposal, vision, etc. – about relevant aspects of Web engineering topics. These papers are intended to generate discussions that promise potential for research that will impact Web Engineering in the coming years. (8 pages, Springer LNCS format)
Papers must be formatted according to the information for Springer LNCS authors at https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines and submitted in PDF format. Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers. In addition, the corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form, through which the copyright for their paper is transferred to Springer.
Papers submitted to ICWE 2023 must not be under review elsewhere while under consideration for ICWE 2023, nor may have been already previously published elsewhere. Submissions that are not in compliance with the required submission format, stated page limits, or that are out of the scope of the conference will be desk rejected without reviewing.
At least one author of each accepted submission must register for the conference and present the work during the corresponding session in person.
Papers must be submitted electronically through the ICWE 2023 EasyChair web page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icwe2023.
Accepted contributions will be included in the ICWE 2023 Springer LNCS proceedings. The best papers will be selected to be proposed, in extended form, as part of a special issue of the Journal of Web Engineering.
Springer Best Paper Award sponsorship. According to the contract between Springer and the International Society for Web Engineering, Springer sponsors the ICWE 2023 Best Paper Award that will be announced during the ICWE 2023 Banquet.
All dates are according to the time zone “Anywhere on Earth”, i.e., UTC-12.
- Abstract submission: January 20, 2023
- Paper submission: January 27, 2023
- Author notification: March 17, 2023
- Camera-ready Version: April 3, 2023
- Juan Manuel Murillo Rodríguez, University of Extremadura, Spain
- Manuel Wimmer, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
All questions about submissions to the research track should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org