BIONETICS 2011 : The 2011 International ICST Conference on Bio-Inspired Models of Network, Information and Computing Systems
Conference Series : Bioinspired Models of Network, Information, and Computing Systems
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS: BIONETICS 2011 (http://bionetics.org/)
The 6th Int'l Conference on Bio-Inspired Models of Network, Information and Computing Systems.
December 5-7, 2011, York, UK
Sponsored by ICST (Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering).
BIONETICS 2011 aims to provide a world-leading and unique opportunity for bringing together researchers and practitioners from diverse disciplines that seek the understanding of the fundamental principles and design strategies in biological systems and leverage those understandings to build bio- inspired systems.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
• Signal/information processing and communication models in biological systems
• Bio-inspired formal models and methods
• Bio-inspired algorithms and mechanisms
• Bio-inspired software and hardware systems
• Biomimetics, bioenginereing and synthetic biological systems
• Modeling and simulation of bio-inspired systems, biological systems and synthetic biological
• Self-* properties in bio-inspired systems, biological systems and synthetic biological systems
• Design and performance issues in bio-inspired systems and synthetic biological systems
• Tools, testbeds and deployment aspects in bio-inspired systems and synthetic biological
• Real-world applications and standardization of bio-inspired systems and synthetic biological
• Socially-aware, game theoretic and other metaphor-driven interdisciplinary approaches to
bio-inspired systems and synthetic biological systems
Application domains include, but not limited to, autonomic computing, bioinformatics, biological engineering, computer networks, computer vision, data mining, green computing and networking, grid/cloud computing, intelligent agents, mechanical engineering, molecular communication, nano- scale computing and networking, optimization, pervasive computing, robotics, security, software engineering, and systems engineering.
We are pleased to announce the following special tracks running alongside the main conference:
- Bio-Inspired Machine Vision
- Brain Inspired Networking
- Engineering Emergence: Techniques, Applications and Practice
- Nano-scale Communication and Networking
- Self-Adaptive and Self-Aware Multi-Component Systems
- Bio-Inspired Error Detection
Submission Deadline : 1st September 2011
Notification : 23rd September 2011
Camera Ready Copy : 8th October 2011
Accepted papers will be published in Springer's LNICST series.
Authors of the best papers will be invited to submit an extended version to a special issue of the Elsevier Nano Communication Networks journal.