SIMPAT SI: CyberPhysicalSystems 2022 : SIMPAT (IF: 4.199) Elsevier - Special Issue on Cyber-Physical Systems, Digital Twins and Industry 4.0: The Role of Modeling and Simulation
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
SIMULATION MODELLING PRACTICE AND THEORY (IF: 4.199) - Elsevier
SPECIAL ISSUE ON:
Cyber-Physical Systems, Digital Twins and Industry 4.0: The Role of Modeling and Simulation
Recent technological advancements, such as the emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, fog and edge computing, artificial intelligence (AI) and big data analytics, are driving the growing adoption of cyber-physical systems and digital twins in areas such as healthcare, transportation and critical infrastructure management. Cyber-physical systems and digital-twins are also taking center stage in manufacturing, contributing to the fourth industrial revolution, commonly known as Industry 4.0. They provide unparalleled flexibility and control, enabling the effective research and design of products, services and processes.
The scope of this Special Issue is to present state-of-the-art research related to cyber-physical systems, digital twins and Industry 4.0, with particular emphasis on the role of modeling and simulation in these areas.
Papers for the Special Issue must provide a substantial novel contribution and authors must carefully position their work with regard to the relevant scientific literature. They must clearly address research issues related to cyber-physical systems, digital twins and Industry 4.0 and showcase the role of modeling and simulation.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Modeling, development, verification and validation of digital twins.
- Industrial human-robot interaction.
- Leveraging cloud, fog and edge computing for cyber-physical systems and Industry 4.0.
- Big data and AI for smart manufacturing and supply chain management.
- Security issues in IoT-enabled cyber-physical systems.
- Wireless sensor networks and low energy networks for Industry 4.0.
- Digital twins for mobile networks and complex systems.
- Edge intelligence for real-time monitoring and control.
- Augmented/virtual reality in cyber-physical systems.
Manuscripts should be submitted online through the Editorial Manager (EM) submission system at the following link:
Authors must select:
when they reach the “Article Type” step in the online submission process. Submitted manuscripts should present original contributions and must not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers will be peer reviewed according to the high standards of the Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory Elsevier journal.
Please feel free to contact the Guest Editors for any questions.
- Submission deadline: 30 September 2022
- Notification of first round of review: 31 October 2022
- Revised manuscript due: 30 November 2022
- Notification of second round of review: 31 December 2022
- Final version due: 31 January 2023
SPECIAL ISSUE EDITORS:
Dr. Helen Karatza
Dr. Georgios Stavrinides
Department of Informatics
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
54124 Thessaloniki, Greece