SIGMETRICS 2023 : The 2023 ACM SIGMETRICS (Summer)
Conference Series : Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems
Call For Papers
The 2023 ACM SIGMETRICS conference will be held in Orlando, Florida, USA, on June 19-23, 2023, and the website is now active at https://www.sigmetrics.org/sigmetrics2023/index.html
ACM SIGMETRICS solicits papers on the development and application of state-of-the-art, broadly applicable analytic, simulation and measurement-based performance evaluation techniques. The conference provides a high-quality forum for presenting results and discussing ideas that further our knowledge and understanding of the measurement, modeling, analysis, and design of computing systems and networks. Of particular interest is work that presents new performance evaluation methods, or that creatively applies previously developed methods to make predictions about, or gain insights into key design trade-offs in a variety of computing, networked, and cyber-physical systems, ranging from mobile devices and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications to large-scale cloud computing systems and the smart grid.
The conference presents papers that have been accepted to appear in the Proceedings of the ACM on Measurement and Analysis of Computing Systems (POMACS). There are multiple deadlines to submit your work in time for a presentation at the conference (see below). A panel of reviewers will consider all accepted and eligible papers, for the Best Paper Award and the Kenneth C. Sevcik Outstanding Student Paper Award. Additionally, a selection of the accepted papers, as identified by a panel of reviewers, may be nominated for publication as Research Highlights in the Communications of the ACM (CACM).
ACM SIGMETRICS solicits papers describing original and previously unpublished research. Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following.
Quantitative measurement, design and evaluation studies of:
* Computer and communication networks, protocols and algorithms
* Wireless, mobile, ad-hoc and sensor networks, IoT applications
* Computer architectures, hardware accelerators, multi-core processors, memory systems and storage networks
* High Performance Computing
* Operating systems, file systems and databases
* Virtualization, data centers, distributed and cloud computing, fog and edge computing
* Mobile and personal computing systems
* Energy-efficient computing systems
* Real-time and fault-tolerant systems
* Security and privacy of computing and networked systems
* Software systems and services, and enterprise applications
* Social networks, multimedia systems, Web services
* Cyber-physical systems, including the smart grid
Methodologies, formalisms, metrics, solution techniques and algorithms for:
* Analytical modeling techniques and model validation
* Workload characterization and benchmarking
* Performance, scalability, power and reliability analysis
* Sustainability analysis and power management
* System measurement, performance monitoring and forecasting
* Anomaly detection, problem diagnosis and troubleshooting
* Capacity planning, resource allocation, run time management and scheduling
* Experimental design, statistical analysis, simulation
* Game theory, network economics, and platform design
* Big data, machine learning, AI, data mining, graph analysis, optimization
There are three submission opportunities over the course of the year.
* *Summer submission website*: sigmetrics23summer.hotcrp.com
- Abstract registration: August 3, 2022
- Paper submission: August 10, 2022
- Author notification: October 04, 2022
* *Fall submission website*: sigmetrics23fall.hotcrp.com (coming soon)
- Registration of abstract: October 12, 2022
- Paper submission: October 19, 2022
- Author notification: December 20, 2022
* *Winter submission website*: sigmetrics23winter.hotcrp.com (coming soon)
- Registration of abstract: January 25, 2023
- Paper submission: February 1, 2023
- Author notification: March 28, 2023
Deadlines are hard and at 11:59 AM (noon) US Eastern Time (New York).
Papers may be submitted to any deadline and, upon acceptance, papers will be scheduled for publication in the Proceedings of the ACM on Measurement and Analysis of Computing Systems (POMACS) and presentation at the ACM SIGMETRICS 2023 conference. The journal publication of accepted papers will appear in the issue of POMACS immediately following acceptance; i.e., papers that are accepted for the Summer and Fall deadlines will appear in POMACS before the conference.
Please see submission instructions at the conference website: https://www.sigmetrics.org/sigmetrics2023/call_for_papers.html
ACM SIGMETRICS 2023 Organizing Team