DALS 2022 : Data Science for Life Science
Call For Papers
We invite submissions to the 1st International Workshop on Data Analysis in Life Science in conjunction with ECML PKDD 2022. It will be focus on improving data-driven personalized medicine, genetic data management, and health care system advancement. It will involve data management and analysis, machine learning, and knowledge discovery applied to bioinformatics, healthcare, and life science problems.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Visualization and exploratory analysis methods for genomic and health care data
- Data analysis of genomics and molecular biology data
- Knowledge discovery from biological and clinical databases
- Analysis of electronic health records (EHR)
- Data analysis of heterogeneous health information systems and databases
- Natural language processing methods applied to genomics and healthcare data
- Tracking and visualization of the viral sequences
- Machine learning methods applied to viral sequences
- Deep learning methods for bioinformatics and biomedical images
- Data pre-processing approaches for single-cell data
- Single-cell data analysis
- Data integration practices for precision medicine
- Network-based approaches for genomic data analysis
We invite contributions from both industry and academia to share their research and experience in using data science, machine learning and database knowledge practices with biological and clinical data.
Submitted papers will be evaluated based on their novelty, technical quality, and potential impact. Experimental methods and results are expected to be reproducible, and authors are strongly encouraged to make code and data available. Work in progress is welcome, but preliminary results should be made available as a proof of concept. Submissions only consisting of a proposal will be rejected.
The following deadlines are in AoE time zone (UTC – 12).
Paper submission: 20 June 2022
Notification: 13 July 2022
ECML PKDD Conference dates: September 19-23, 2022
Workshop DALS date: September 19 (Online)
More information can be found here: http://www.bioinformatics.deib.polimi.it/DALS2022/
Arif Canakoglu, Gaia Ceddia, Sara Pidò, Pietro Pinoli