ICADL 2022 : International Conference on Asia-Pacific Digital Libraries
Call For Papers
The 24th International Conference on Asia-Pacific Digital Libraries (ICADL 2022)
November 30 - December 2, 2022
Hanoi, Viet Nam
(Onsite face-to-face conference, allowing those who cannot attend to present their papers online)
The International Conference on Asia-Pacific Digital Libraries (ICADL), which started in Hong Kong in 1998 and, over the years, traveled to many countries in the Asia-Pacific region, is known as a significant digital library conference. Along with JCDL and TPDL, ICADL is held annually as one of the three top venues for connecting digital library, computer science, and library and information science communities.
This year ICADL will be held from November 30th to December 2nd, 2022, in Hanoi, Vietnam (Hanoi time zone), as an onsite face-to-face conference but allows those who cannot attend to present their papers online and join sessions. ICADL2022 will be held in conjunction with the Asia-Pacific Chapter of iSchools (AP-iSchools). A graduate student symposium will also be held with the Asia-Pacific Chapter of iSchools (AP-iSchools) and A-LIEP communities.
Attendees are encouraged to join ICADL2022 in-person or online if physical attendance is difficult. Registration is still required for either way of participation prior to the conference.
Proceedings of ICADL 2022 will be published by Springer as an LNCS volume, which is indexed by Scopus. This year, we have the following submission categories: full research papers, short research papers, and practice papers as well as demo/poster papers.
We invite submissions on diverse topics related to digital libraries and related fields including, but not limited to:
Information Technologies, Data Science, & Applications
Cultural Information, Digital Humanities, & Scholarly Data Analysis
Social-Informatics and Socio-Technological Issues in Digital Libraries
For details of topics, please refer to https://icadl.net/icadl2022/.
All submissions must be in English and submitted as PDF.
Papers should follow Springer Computer Science Proceedings guidelines (https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines).
All papers are to be submitted via the conference’s EasyChair submission system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icadl2022).
The review process is single-blind (authors will not know the reviewers). At least 3 Program Committee members will review each submission. The review for practice paper submissions will put less emphasis on the novelty and more on real-world practices and applications of DL technologies in institutions or companies.
Sufficient time will be given to the oral presentation for accepted papers in all submission categories. Each accepted paper must be presented by at least one of the co-authors.
The Best Paper and the Best Student Paper will be awarded by the Program Committee among the accepted full papers. In addition, same as the last year, selected best papers are planned to be invited for a special issue to be published in the International Journal on Digital Libraries (IJDL), Springer.
The lengths of submissions should be as follows:
･ Full papers: 12-14 pages + references
･ Short papers: 6-8 pages + references
･ Practice papers: 6-8 pages + references
･ Demo/poster papers: 4-6 pages + references
- Full, Short Research and Practice Papers Submission: July 1, 2022
- Demo/poster Papers Submission: July 1, 2022
- Acceptance Notification (All paper categories): August 20, 2022
- Camera Ready Copy of Papers: September 10, 2022
- Attendee and Author Information Registration Deadline: November 10, 2022
- Conference: November 30 - December 2, 2022
Conference general co-chairs:
- Nguyen Hoang Son (Library & Information Centre, Vietnam National University, Vietnam)
- Shigeo Sugimoto (University of Tsukuba, Japan)
Program committee co-chairs:
- Yuen-Hsien Tseng (National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan)
- Marie Katsurai (Doshisha University, Japan)
- Hoa N. Nguyen (VNU University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam)
- Ricardo Campos (INESC TEC; Polytechnic Institute of Tomar, Portugal)
- Songphan Choemprayong (Chulalongkorn University, Thailand)
- Adam Jatowt (University of Innsbruck, Austria)
- Hao-Ren Ke (National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan)
- Akira Maeda (Ritsumeikan University, Japan)
- Maciej Ogrodniczuk (The Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland)
- Muhammad Syafiq Mohd Pozi (Unversiti Utara Malaysia)
- Michael Färber (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany)
- Chutiporn Anutaria (AIT, Thailand)
- Vietnam National University at Hanoi, Vietnam
- ICADL Steering Committee
- the Asia-Pacific Chapter of iSchools