CCIA 2022 : 24th International Conference of the Catalan Association for Artificial Intelligence
Conference Series : Catalan Conference on AI
Call For Papers
CCIA 2022 - 24th International Conference of the Catalan Association for Artificial Intelligence
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
October 19-21, 2022
Medium Sitges Park Hotel (Carrer Jesús, 16, 08870 Sitges, Barcelona)
(If the pandemic situation does not allow a presential conference it will be held virtually)
Web Page: https://ccia2022.cat/
We invite you to participate in the 24th International Conference of the Catalan Association for Artificial Intelligence (CCIA 2022) that will take place on 19-21st October 2022 in Sitges. The main goal of this international conference is to foster discussion around the last advances in Artificial Intelligence. We encourage you to contribute with finished works as well as preliminary works with promising original and innovative ideas.
The organizing committee is pleased to include social events that will allow to know the history of the city of Sitges through a guided tour and a gastronomic experience.
CCIA is the usual meeting point of the Catalan AI scientific community, this is why the conference official languages are Catalan, Spanish, French, Italian and English. However, English must be used to be published in the conference proceedings.
* AI Applications
* AI Problem Solving
* Agents and Multi-agent Systems / Hybrid systems
* Artificial Neural Networks and Evolutionary Systems
* Artificial Vision and Image Processing / Perception
* Cognitive Modelling and Cognitive Systems
* Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery from Databases
* Ethical, Legal, Social, Economic and Cultural aspects of AI (ELSEC-AI)
* Explainable and Interpretable AI
* Fusion / Aggregation of Information
* Human-Machine Communication
* Knowledge Representation and Ontologies
* Logic, Reasoning and Fuzzy Logic
* Machine Learning and Case-based Reasoning
* Natural Language Processing
* Planning, Optimization, Satisfiability and Constraints
* Real Time AI
* Recommender Systems, Text Mining, and Semantic Web
* Virtual Agents
* Abstract submission deadline: May 30, 2022
* Full article submission deadline: May 30, 2022
* Author notification: June 20, 2022
* Camera-ready deadline: July 18, 2022
* Early registration deadline: July 18, 2022
* Conference dates: October 19-21, 2022
We invite you to submit papers reflecting both finished works as well as works in progress, containing original and promising ideas. We welcome the following types of submissions:
- Short papers (2-4 pages)
- Long papers (8-10 pages)
Long submitted papers will be peer-reviewed based on technical quality, relation to the topics of the conference, originality, relevance, significance, and clarity. Short papers will be evaluated for their significance considering them as ongoing work description. Note that all submissions must be original. Short accepted papers will be presented in lightning and poster sessions.
Paper submissions must meet the following guidelines:
- Papers must be written in English language to be published in the proceedings.
- Papers must be submitted in PDF format following the IOSPress guidelines. Detailed instructions, templates and style sheets for manuscript preparation are available to download here: https://www.iospress.nl/service/authors/latex-and-word-tools-for-book-authors/
- Papers should not include page numbers.
- All papers must have an Abstract and a list of keywords.
Papers should be submitted through the EasyChair platform at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ccia2022
Accepted long and short papers will be published at the conference proceedings book in the collection "Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications" of IOS Press. Camera-ready versions of accepted papers should follow in the same IOSPress format guidelines.
We are working to have some special issues of indexed journal for submitting extended versions of the best conference papers (more information coming soon).
After receiving the notification of acceptance, ACIA member students who will attend the conference can apply for grants funded by Associació Catalana d'Intel·ligència Artificial. Further information to be found at https://www.acia.cat/procedures/
General Chair: Francisco Grimaldo (UV)
Local Organization Chair: Tommaso Flaminio (IIIA-CSIC)
Scientific Programme Chair: Atia Cortés (BSC)