OCS - call for proposals for topical iss 2022 : Open Cultural Studies / call for proposals for topical issues
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR TOPICAL ISSUES
of "OPEN CULTURAL STUDIES" vol. 2023
"Open Cultural Studies" (degruyter.com/culture
Open Cultural Studies
) invites groups of researchers, conference organizers and individual scholars to submit their proposals of edited volumes to be considered for publication as topical issues of the journal.
To submit your proposal please contact Dr Katarzyna Tempczyk at email@example.com
Proposals will be collected by October 31, 2022.
"Open Cultural Studies" is a peer-reviewed, scholarly journal that explores the fields of Humanities, Social Sciences and Arts. It interprets culture in an inclusive sense, in different theoretical, geographical and historical contexts. The journal would like to promote new research perspectives in cultural studies, but it also seeks to map out social and political scholarship that places questions of inequalities and imbalances of power at the heart of academic debate.
OUR PREVIOUS SPECIAL/TOPICAL ISSUES:
- J. G. Ballard and Making
- Contemporary African and Black Diasporic Spaces in Europe
- Of Sacred Crossroads: Cultural Studies and the Sacred
- Musical Improvisation: Approaches, Practices, Reception and Pedagogy
- Images of the Future: Science Fiction across the Media
- Motion and Emotion: Cultural Literacy on the Move
- New Nationalisms in European and Postcolonial Discourses
- Black Womanhood in Popular Culture
- Marx, Semiotics and Political Praxis
- Capitalist Aesthetics
- Media and Emotions. The New Frontiers of Affect in Digital Culture
- Transmediating Culture(s)?
- On Uses of Black Camp
- Migration and Translation
- Multicultural Cervantes
- Victorians Like Us - Domesticity and Worldliness
- MatteRealities: Trajectories and Conceptual Futures for Material Culture Studies
- Alberto Blest Gana at 100
- Gender Fluidity in Early-Modern to Post-Modern Children’s Literature and Culture
- Taiwanese Identity
- Black Girl Magic: Redefining New Black Feminist Thought (in progress)
- Writing the Image, Showing the Word: The Agency of Knowledge Production in Texts and Images (in progress)