MASTS 2011 : Third International Workshop on Multi-Agent Systems Technology and Semantics
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Third International Workshop on Multi-Agent Systems Technology and Semantics -- MASTS 2011
Delft, The Netherlands, 5-7 October 2011
in conjuction with
The 4th International Symposium on Intelligent Distributed Computing (IDC'2011)
The third Workshop on Multi-Agent Systems Technology and Semantics (MASTS 2011) will bring together researchers and practioners who are working on or are interested in exploring
novel approaches to multi-agent systems development and the use of multi-agent systems technology in building innovative applications.
The goal of the workshop is to present and discuss ideas and developments related to two converging areas of research and applications, namely multi-agent systems and semantic technology.
The workshop aims to focus on issues such as: the semantic role of agents in building complex distributed applications, the collective and cognitive dimensions of the multi-agent systems paradigm,
the use of agents in the development and deployment of semantic web services, the utilization of intelligent agents and semantics in the development of ambient intelligence applications.
Debates are expected on directions and possibilities of future research in the domain.
MASTS 2011 will be held in conjunction with the 4th International Symposium on Intelligent Distributed Computing (IDC'2011) in Delft, The Netherlands, 5-7 October 2011, http://idc-2011.d-cis.nl/
The workshop welcomes high-quality papers including, but not limited to the following topics:
Technologies for modeling and development of agent based systems
- novel architectures for multiagent systems
- semantic based agent interaction protocols and negotiation
- multi-agent planning
- multi-agent coordination techniques
- multi-agent learning
- self-organizing multi-agent systems
- emerging behaviour in agent systems
Agent systems and semantics
- the role of shared ontologies in agent systems
- agent systems and Semantic Web technologies
- ontologies for agent cooperation and coordination
- semantic interoperability
- semantic agent communities and applications
Novel agent applications
- agents for semantic Web services
- agent based systems for ambient intelligence
- agent systems for modeling business processes
- business processes interoperability based on agents and semantics
- agent systems for Grid or cloud computing and the Semantic Grid
- agent systems for developing complex applications
- conversational agents for innovative applications
Paper submission and publication
Papers should have at most 10 pages (regular papers) or 6 pages (short papers) length and must be formatted according to Springer format for multi-authored works. Submissions and reviews are automatically handled by a system provided by the organizers (see MASTS 2011 web site).
All accepted papers will be published by Springer as part of their series Studies in Computational Intelligence.
- Electronic submission of full papers: 17 May (Extended), 2011
- Notification of paper acceptance: 9 June, 2011
- Final camera-ready copies of accepted papers: 24 June, 2011
- Workshop date: 5-7 October, 2011
- John Jules Meyer, Universiteit Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Amal El Fallah Seghrouchni, Université Pierre & Marie Curie, France
- Adina Magda Florea, Universitatea Politehnica Bucuresti, Romania