C&G VR in Brazil 2011 : Special Section of COMPUTERS & GRAPHICS: VR in Brazil 2011
Call For Papers
Submission deadline: June 8, 2011
Guest Editors: Luciano Soares, and Judith Kelner
Computers & Graphics, an international journal dedicated to Systems and Applications in Computer Graphics, invites the Virtual Reality Brazilian community to submit your latest research results to a special section on “VR in Brazil 2011”. This special section seeks contributions from Brazilian researchers or institutions, both at home and abroad.
Virtual environment technologies are now being used by a wide range of laboratories, industries, educational establishments and hobbyists by the Brazilian society, and this special section is an opportunity to publish research papers that describe results that contribute to advancements in state-of-the-art software, hardware, algorithms, interaction, or systems development in virtual and augmented reality. Application papers can also be submitted explaining how the authors built upon existing ideas to solve an interesting problem in a novel way, along with any system evaluation. Papers should indicate how the implementers synthesized together several known techniques with any lessons learned in the process, and including any performed evaluation or benchmarking.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- VR/AR systems and toolkits
- Rendering techniques
- Advanced optical display technology
- Multi-user and distributed VR/AR and gaming
- 3D interaction
- Haptics, audio and other non-visual interfaces
- Tracking & Sensing
- Modeling and Simulation
- Hardware graphics acceleration
- Virtual humans and avatars
- Internet-based 3D applications and technologies
- Immersive VR/AR and gaming
- Presence and cognition
- Social, economical and technical impacts of VR/AR
- User studies and evaluation
- Applications of VR/AR/MR
- Novel taxonomies of VE systems
- Programming models for VE systems
- Extensibility of existing interactive application VR/AR standards
We would discourage authors from sending papers that describe only new software or architectures, unless the software and the paper are based on a critical analysis of a problem domain and contain critiques of existing approaches.
* Submission Deadline: June 8, 2011
* Initial Decision to Authors: July 22, 2011
* Revised Versions Submitted by Authors: August 31, 2011
* Final Decision to Authors: October 1, 2011
* Final Versions Provided by Authors: October 7, 2011
* Expected Publication: December 2011
Papers must be submitted electronically and should be written in English. Refer to ees.elsevier.com/cag for instructions on formatting and submitting papers. You will need to register with the Elsevier Editorial System in order to be able to submit your paper online. To ensure that all manuscripts are correctly identified for inclusion into this special section, it is important that you select “Special Section: VR Brazil 2011” when you reach the “Article Type” step in the submission process. Papers will be reviewed by at least three external reviewers.
Page length must be appropriate to the level of contribution. If the final version of the paper (as formatted for a camera ready version) will exceed 14 pages, please contact the guest editors before submitting.
Computers & Graphics is an international journal in computer science published by Elsevier. Additional information can be obtained by communicating with the special section guest editors.
Tecgraf / Pontiﬁcal Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Tel: +55 21 3527-2510
Computer Science Center, Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Tel: +55 81 216-8954