ARTE 2022 : International Workshop on Applied Research, Technology Transfer and Knowledge Exchange in Software and Data Science
Call For Papers
*** DEADLINE EXTENDED ***
Paper submission has been extended to March 21, 2022.
*** SCOPE ***
A central goal of applied research in software and data science is to turn scientific results into successful solutions of practical relevance for industry, business, as well as end users, and society in general. Crossing the gap between research and practice is a challenging endeavor. It requires research excellence paired with a detailed understanding of real industry needs, business constraints, and user requirements; systematic knowledge and technology transfer to ensure practical impact and long-term benefits; close involvement of stakeholders and end users in designing, developing, and exploring new concepts and approaches; support for engineering industry-strength solutions together with company partners along value chains.
The workshop 'Applied Research, Technology Transfer and Knowledge Exchange in Software and Data Science (ARTE)' is a unique event to facilitate the discussion and knowledge exchange on applied research collaborations between industry and academic partners in the overarching disciplines of software and data science. The workshop aims to highlight, share, and document experiences, lessons learned, and best practices related to technology transfer and knowledge exchange. On the one hand, this should increase the awareness and understanding about critical tasks, success factors, potential pitfalls, challenges and opportunities in applied research projects and, on the other hand, it will provide an environment to generate new opportunities for future collaborations. We would especially like to invite participants and organizations at the intersection of basic research and industry or business to share their experiences.
*** TOPICS ***
Topics of interest in context of software and data science include, but are not limited to:
* Processes and approaches for knowledge exchange and technology transfer
* Best practices and lessons learned from transferring research results into practice
* Methods, techniques and tools for stakeholder and user involvement
* Success factors for long-term academia-industry collaborations
* Case studies and experience reports demonstrating the importance of applied research for generating technology and business innovations
* Novel ideas for establishing value networks and multi-firm collaboration models
* Open real-world challenges and practical solutions related to software and data science
*** SUBMISSION ***
In order to encourage participation and discussion, this workshop solicits two types of submissions:
* Regular paper submissions about original work not exceeding 10 pages.
* Short paper submissions on recent or ongoing work on relevant topics and ideas not exceeding 5 pages.
Formatting guidelines: http://www.dexa.org/formatting_guidelines
Online Papers Submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=arte2022
*** PUBLICATION ***
All accepted ARTE 2022 papers will be published by Springer in their Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS). CCIS volumes are indexed in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI), part of Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science; Scopus; EI Engineering Index; Google Scholar; DBLP; etc.
*** ORGANISATION ***
* Lukas Fischer, Software Competence Center Hagenberg, Austria
* Rudolf Ramler, Software Competence Center Hagenberg, Austria