GHTC 2022 : 2022 IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference
Conference Series : Global Humanitarian Technology Conference
Call For Papers
The 12th IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (IEEE GHTC 2022) is a flagship international conference sharing practical technology-enabled solutions supporting achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) by addressing the needs of underserved communities in resource-constrained environments around the world. GHTC 2022 will be held on September 8-11, 2022 at Santa Clara University, California, USA
Stakeholders from the public, private, education and research, societal, funding and donor sectors are invited to submit Oral Presentation proposals, Short Papers (early-stage results) and Full Papers (mature results) that share Sustainable Development, ICT4D and Humanitarian Technology related insights, experiences, best practices and lessons learned from a research, policy, practitioner and/or community perspective. Papers should present analysis of initial or final research results or a case study. General project descriptions are not appropriate. Submissions will be assessed for quality, relevance, consideration of ethical issues, methodological vigor and potential or actual impact.
Submissions by community representatives, practitioners (governmental, for-profit and nonprofit), academics, private sector organizations and policy makers describing intervention design and implementation, field experiences and best practices, case studies, project monitoring and evaluation results, and original research are of particular interest. Paper submissions should include results that have not previously been published and have not been submitted to another conference or journal.
Please note that all submissions will undergo a Plagiarism Check before being assigned for blind peer review by members of the Technical Program Committee (TPC), who are all experienced subject matter experts.
IEEE GHTC 2022 Thematic areas include (but are not limited to):
• Good Health and Well Being (SDG3)
• Affordable and Clean Energy (SDG7)
• Communication/Connectivity in Support of Development
• Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Recovery
• Technologies that promote gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls (SDG5)
• Quality Education (SDG4)
• Clean Water and Sanitation (SDG6)
• Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG8)
• Agriculture and Food Security (SDG2)
• Technology Impacts on Societal Evolution
In addition to describing ethical and sustainability challenges and technological aspects, submissions are encouraged to consider socio-cultural, socio-economic, environmental and policy perspectives, and explain how Sustainable Development-related good practices such as skills capacity building, community ownership, Co-design, Collaborative Open Innovation, and Theory of Change are applied.
Three types of submissions are invited for presentation at GHTC:
• Full Papers: mature results or completed projects and should not exceed eight pages.
• Short Papers: interim results, experiences and perspectives, and should be three to four pages in length including a short reference section.
• Oral-Only: work-in-progress; projects at an early stage of implementation; option for community representatives, practitioners or policy makers who prefer not to write a paper. Oral-Only submissions should be described in one or two pages.
For complete details on topics and submission see the Author Central pages.
NOTE: we are accepting proposals for multi-stakeholder Special Sessions (up to 8 pages)
Accepted Full Papers, Short Papers and Oral-Only Presentations will be grouped thematically to facilitate focused discussion, community building and networking based on common interests.
Accepted papers presented by an original author or co-author during the conference will be published in the IEEE GHTC 2022 Conference Proceedings, and submitted for publication in IEEE Xplore®